Xbox Acquisition |OT6| If this is about competition, let us have competition

LEGO Star Wars the Skywalker Saga is one of the best selling games of the year.

Whether they have the exclusive license or not, that game has been doing incredibly well.

The biggest issue and question marks for TT Games is their studio culture and their upcoming pipeline.

7 Likes

I havent seen their upcoming pipeline but the culture shouldnt be a problem right? I mean ms is buying abk

I think they are worth it, their team talented and I have been playing their lego games for a long time since lego star wars for the ds, they also have worked with sonic and crash before so they could easily take ips like banjo,blinx or vince, cmon I need to their humor on xbox

I was referring to whether WB might be shaking up TT Games due to their culture issues.

I’m not convinced WB is interested in selling their studios atm.

I am not sure if WB cares about culture issues though

Acquiring NRS and TT Games would be perfect. TT Games especially.

4 Likes

Nah, NRS is more important.

Nah, TT is more important :wink:

1 Like

No, because with ABK they have studios that can make child friendly games but ABK has no studios for fighting games and fighting game studios are incredibly rare. Microsoft has to secure at least one studio in the market where Sony has a very strong position.

20 Likes

Sony doesn’t have a fighting game studio either.

I agree Xbox could do with a fighter studio, however fighting games typically are quite a niche market, whereas family friendly games have a huge audience. They can also sell consoles as they can be ‘kids’ presents.

Toys 4 Bob are fantastic but they are only small (180 employees), there is no way they can carry an entire family friendly division on their own. As a parent, outside of the Nintendo games I can guarantee my kids will always want to play the LEGO games (I own all of them on Xbox and Switch!).

Ultimately I want to see Xbox offer family games (like Nintendo) in addition to the more mature titles.

5 Likes

Becaus they don’t need to as after that SF5 moneyhat all FGC community moved to PS and they also own Evo so fighting games won’t skip the platform.

I do think that Sony might try to grab some fighting games studio eventually.

Sony get fighting games by default

If MS want a truly diverse game pass line up where they have the best of whatever genre they want from a first party stand point, a fighting dev like NRS is much more important than TT

Especially when TT’s previous success has relied on the Lego licence

I’d rather them get a Japanese fighting game studio, personally (DIMPS, Arcsys, or even Eighting)

James Gunn explained that the animated shows canon to DCU will be produced by WBD themselves and will remain on HBO max while Amazon produced shows will be entirely their own thing and will go to prime.

Amazon made the same deal with Sony for spiderman animated shows on prime.

7 Likes

I always laught at the argument that Microsoft shouldn’t be allowed to buy ABK because “MUH THEY DIDN’T INVEST BACK THEN?”, well they are investing now and includes buying some developers, that is investment, as if they shouldn’t do anything and quit the market.

Those who laugh last laugh longest. Evil never sleeps. It waits.

1 Like

You just 100% know whenever Gabe is ready to sell Steam, its going to Microsoft.

5 Likes

Battle with regulators will be crazy :rofl:

7 Likes

There won’t be a battle since there wont be a game lime COD thats in question.

1 Like

The thing is that at this point Microsoft would have a control over Windows Store, Battle Net and would be going after Steam and potentially Steam Deck all while (in theory) undermining Linux if they were to release Xbox OS based Steam Deck too…

I think Nvidia can try to acquire Steam.