Xbox Acquisition |OT6| If this is about competition, let us have competition

I could run their social media more efficiently and effectively by writing some scripts that integrate their systems and using api calls to post their content to their various channels and social media sites. Honestly it is a TRAVESTY at how poor it all is for a software company. Seriously, it would take me less than a month of work to fully build out.

1 Like

I think it might of been you as well who echoed the same thoughts in Xbox Marketing thread if I recall right , i don’t want to get this thread off track but all I will say is Xbox Marketing needs to step up hopefully the will do more developer direct after the Starfield one in a quarterly fashion and keep pounding the message with gamepass, gamepass, gamepass, and gamepass to boost gamepass subscriptions, cause I feel after the ABK gets approved or blocked I feel like Microsoft will evaluate more closely at aquistions for Xbox in regards to gamepass subscription growth.

2 Likes

I’m not sure that releasing a game of this type every 5 years will meet the expectations of players who demand this kind of game from Xbox.

I don’t think it’s about imitating Sony but more about delivering the type of content that gamers enjoy. Take Sony out of the equation and focus on Xbox. Microsoft wants to lead the industry and establish GP as a standard (Netflix model). How could they achieve this without offering one of the most acclaimed and demanded game genres in the industry? I think that one of the strengths of Xbox is the variety of content offered, but it is clear that there are still some things missing from First Party studios (Narrative, Japanese, Horror, Platform/General Audience, Fighting games) . It is not a question of copying anyone but rather of proposing First Party content (of quality) which covers all possible genres and which is in line with the market.

Quantum Break probably arrived at the wrong time and on the wrong console. There was also some frustration from players who were waiting for the sequel to Alan Wake and were disappointed by the announcement of the game. I think all of these elements unfortunately worked against the game. Still, I don’t think the game was received that badly. Release a game like this today with GP and the welcome will be totally different. Microsoft should have continued its partnership with Remedy.

7 Likes

That’s how long it takes the competition to make them, so yeah, I think they would.

3 Likes
1 Like

This thread is about acquisitions, keep the ever-tiring discussion (especially those fanned by a troll spewing nonsense) to the appropriate thread please.

8 Likes

I am very interested in how quickly after the ABK is done that we’ll see other Microsoft Gaming related acquisitions. Will we see them more quickly if the deal falls through or if it goes through :thinking:

I (a financial analyst/forecaster for whatever it’s worth) expect the industry in general to grab what they can. Plenty of reasons but I won’t go into detail.

The complication being that during the last 3 years entertainment companies in general sky rocketed in value, now they’re dropping off. So many investors are cautious and want a quick win/out.

Which leads me to believe some game companies (primarily those who ballooned in size same as tech/movies companies) are under insane pressure. This means they now have a few options/risks.

1 A- They stay oversized and hope the game lands perfectly, leading to a slow expansion (as already ballooned).

1 B - Same as above but game is unsuccessful and they reduce staff numbers.

2 - Get a silver lining deal. Marketing, Exclusive, Game Pass, more investment etc quick money basically.

3 - Make your company & product look as appealing as possible (perfect vertical slice) and look to be acquired.

4 - Lastly call your game Abandoned and make really odd yet intriguing marketing even though there is no product. Then run off with the money.

I don’t expect MS to go for Ubisoft or Square btw. Typically you’d rather buy a rising star than a sinking ship especially when you have minimal experience on that ship & there are alternatives. I’d expect a few smaller purchases or something from Asia.

7 Likes

well i disagree with ubi n square

A post was merged into an existing topic: Sony Acquisitions | OT | Organic Sellers Market

I think that either way, when the acquisition clears or fails, there will be a lot of xbox acquisitions. I think we see at least 6 in the 6 months following the end of this drama.

3 Likes

I think once this deal is over Microsoft will probably sign more partnerships like the riot one to bring some big known publishers to the platform. I’d expect to see PC and big mobile games. They will probably also try to get a small publisher in Asia maybe like Blueside who developed the KUF games and 99knights. I also think they don’t want more workforce with monopsony concerns on the rise. They will in my opinion try to contract more studios like they have done with Crystal Dynamics and Eidos, they might do a big one with Ubisoft which would help Xbox with huge support structure and alleviate Ubisoft monetary concerns.

12 Likes

As a gamer I’d be happy with either of them but from a business perspective it may be easier to pick the bones and grave some IP instead of the whole thing.

Just like square selling some IP and studios.

Go on MS get Prince of Persia, Splinter Cell & Rayman for us.

2 Likes

Wild

Thank god its content parity and not technical parity.

1 Like

looks like people are runningwith the xbox games part as all xbox games. this is why xbox needs to be more clear on these things and there is always dought about its first party being exclusive

Oh ffs, read the image in the Tweet itself. Only two people on this forum have taken it as anything other than “bringing Call of Duty to Nintendo players”. The image doesn’t have a character cap, it’s not rocket science.

Edit: I should have elaborated a bit but the other place and Twitter are not a great barometer for level-headed, rational interpretation on the matter, and this wasn’t directed at you rather the fact that people are misinterpreting it as such. I mean, for one, the IP ‘Call of Duty’ is specified in the image provided by Brad no less than four times. One could also argue that ‘Xbox games’ isn’t a misnomer or a hidden sign beyond CoD and the current stable of Xbox games already released on Switch - Ori, Minecraft, Banjo, etc.

2 Likes

Lol its not ms fault twitter is full of dumb fanboys. How can they be clearer?

3 Likes