Xbox Acquisition |OT6| If this is about competition, let us have competition

Yep. As we’ve seen (and heard from both rumors and official sources), the wheels are constantly being kicked for deals we’ll probably never know about.

For all we know, this might be random gossip behind the scene’s that Jaffe has heard, or it could potentially be something more, or potentially something less grand (like C2077/Witcher deal on a service).

Edit: first thing I see on Twitter.:joy:

2 Likes

If an acquisition is rumored then it’s likely not happening

1 Like

There seems to be a misnomer about Poland protecting it’s companies from being purchased, while Poland does have strict guidelines for purchasing a polish company it has more to do with hostile takeovers more than public companies accepting a favorable acquisition offer. Microsoft has said many times that they wish to have teams in Poland, they clearly have targeted the area and for good reason. Poland is a new hotspot of sorts for gaming with CDPR,PCF,Bloober,CI Games, Techland, 11 bit studios, the farm, Ten square games, and Forever Entertainment just name a few,many of these are publicly traded companies. As the worlds economy continues to worsen with inflation I would expect more than one acquisition in Poland, hopefully Xbox chooses wisely.

3 Likes

Also the last time there was a lot of chatter was for Square Enix and Sony, and we still have yet something to hear about it.

3 Likes

Don’t forget all the supposed “insiders” posting annoying gifs and saying “I happen to know a little something ;)” surrounding that too. As well as just pretending there isn’t just as much Square Switch exclusives if not more.

99% of the time nobody knows anything about acquisitions

5 Likes

It will be 2035 with Saudi owning Capcom, Tencent owning Ubisoft, Micrsoft owning Sega & T2 and people will still expect Sony to acquire Square Enix any time at that moment :joy:

1 Like

Exactly this. It’s not even a rumour. As if Jaffe of all people would know something like that lol

Oh ye of little faith. 2025 is when Project SEGAGAGA starts. And all current and former SEGA Fanbyos will be drafted to beat the crap out of Sony. After that gaming will return to proper Arcade goodness. With blue skies, pick up and play game play and great music.

We also know how it will end, thanks to prophets:

So it was coded, and so it will be!

2 Likes

Nothing much, but it’s honest acquisition :sweat_smile:

12 Likes

I’d argue this is pretty big based on World of Tanks alone.

This was a pickup I could’ve seen a lot of companies go for.

1 Like

Yep, WoT is a f2p live service / MMO model with long legs, fits well with the Riot brand. Riot are now becoming Blizzard but with the f2p model.

But did they buy World of Tanks though? It seems like they have bought just a studio from WoT developers.

1 Like

Ah yes, I misread. Looks like Wargaming is still keeping the IP.

Still, this is a large team (supposedly one of, if not the biggest in Australia) so I’d still say its a decently major piece of news in the acquisition landscape.

This does make me wonder what’s going on with Wargaming in general though.

5 Likes

There should be a third option…“depends on the publisher” which would apply to me.

If it’s Capcom, EA or WB, I go with them. If not, then I’ll take the 5-8 individual studios.

2 Likes

Which 8?

1 Like

In alphabetical order -

1. Asobo Studio
  2. CD Projekt Red
  3. GSC Gameworld
  4. IO Interactive
  5. Neon Giant
  6. People Can Fly
  7. Techland
  8. The Astronauts
8 Likes

The ABC’s of MS acquiring the EU.

Nice! Would be awesome.

3 Likes

Replace CD project red with Certain Affinity

2 Likes

Capcom & Sega. Make it happen!

I want the direct damage to Playstation as there is still that ingrained notion that “Capcom, Square Enix, Konami” etc. are naturally can only be exclusive to Playstation. I really want Microsoft to go after Sony’s associated IPs. And Sega is just to make things right.

8 Likes