Xbox Acquisition |OT6| If this is about competition, let us have competition

Asobo and ioi have gotta be the front runners imo

9 Likes

I said this the other day. I suspect once ABK is done they’ll announce they’ve acquired quite a few studios they’ve been working on in the background.

1 Like

Certain Affinity seems pretty likely

2 Likes

X022 is back and they come out and do another batch announcements of acquisitions

1. ioi
  2. Asobo
  3. Certain Affinity
  4. Oxide Games

:smirk:

12 Likes

Ah thanks, I have always been subscribed to Ultimate so just (incorrectly) assumed that was the case (and too lazy to look :rofl:). If you are just a PC gamer that makes it even more incredible value for money.

Yeah it will be great when we can play our owned games on the cloud too!

Hey! Fun fact: this thread was created by me in August 2020 directly because of a similar statement by MS to the SEC. Do we all remember what happened a month later?

Source:

14 Likes

I’d add a few names to that list but would be absolutely stoked for these teams :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Ooooooo!!! - Parks and Recreation

2 Likes

Now keep in mind, I’m only saying that MS is telling us what their intent is; not that we should necessarily expect a similar level move :slight_smile:

Need to abundantly clear to avoid being taken out of context or articles written, etc.

10 Likes

Too late for that, Kotaku is on the case.

7 Likes

Sega or Capcom are on the table then ?

1 Like

Please note, is joke :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Can’t wait for Last Expedition, the blockchain fps by Certain Affinity

1 Like

Nintendo then, ok.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Multiverse is amazing. If they do get wb time to feed the beast with more xbox ips

3 Likes

not really shocking, it was fairly obvious MS was far from done. I stick with my prediction MS will acquire at least 3 more mid to big publishers before the end of the gen

It will definitely eventually have a price hike but I think MS wants the sub numbers to be higher 1st

after activision literally anyone is on the table in my opinion but I don’t expect any announced until ABK is though (now that I think about it if a similar quote was made before Bethesda maybe this is a sign ABK is nearly though, this is pure speculation but I will throw it out there). Regardless, safe to say they aren’t even close to done

NGL, would be funny as well to watch the internet die. I stick by my prediction MS will try again

2 Likes

I doubt on both.

If they could they would have acquired Asobo long time ago. Why would otherwise they made 10 year contract on MFS and why would Asobo bring that third party investement?

IO also has no reason to sell. Now, of course, with the upcoming 007 game and potential success of the dragon game, they will be more expensive in the future so they can sell for more later.

For both of them I can only see a defensive acquisition, where Asobo and IO are willing to be bought and there are other competitors on that. Otherwise they are growing more and more successful.

I am in Capcom camp.

The point is that Microsoft can get Day 1 sports games if they wanted to like they did with MLB and it would be much more cheaper and better way to achieve the same. I wonder when NFL and NBA contracts are gonna be renegotiated again? :thinking:

Microsoft has never given an indication that they are interested in the multiplayer revenue. Otherwise games like Halo F2P or Sea of Thieves or even Bleeding Edge would be multiplatform. They showed time and time again that they want full Xbox experience for everything and F2P revenue from everywhere (with ads)

It is a shame that Mojang is the best Microsoft acquisition yet at the same time it completely destroyed the way people look at Xbox and their games.

I’m just trolling guys ^^

But I think there’s a chance with Sega, and it will be very funny. Persona 6 exclusive to Xbox, Persona VS Final Fantasy :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

I think you could add Skybox labs to that as a 343 acquisition