Xbox Acquisition |OT6| If this is about competition, let us have competition

Nope.

“What we’ll do in the long run is we don’t have intentions of just pulling all of Bethesda content out of Sony or Nintendo or otherwise,”

They specifically stated Zenimax games “would remain on Sony and Nintendo platforms” and as soon as the deal closed all teams were moved onto Xbox/PC only.

Then you misread. They statement wasnt just about CoD, it was Call of Duty and other AB franchises will remain on Sony and Nintendo platforms. They aren’t alluding to CoD coming to Switch, they’re talking about software already on the platforms like Crash and Spyro.

And if they’re not you’re implying every AB game, including ones that are next gen only like Diablo 4 are coming to Switch, despite PS4 and Xbox one versions being cancelled.

Are you an alt account for someone above? :wink:

The wording is very clear, I don’t understand why it can’t be understood.

1 Like

No.

Doesnt matter how clear the wording is if you misunderstood it.

Yeah…

4 Likes

Its not relating to CoD. Its relating to all AB games

To be clear, Microsoft will continue to make Call of Duty and other popular Activision Blizzard titles available on PlayStation through the term of any existing agreement with Activision

So if that is true, which is what you are implying…all AB games are coming to Switch and Playstation yeah? Forever and ever. And Microsoft bought the company for no reason.

Don’t know why this is hard for you to understand. They doesn’t mention exactly which game. Hence, ambiguity. They doesn’t mention which CoD, campaign or multiplayer

But yeah, you may keep having as much as conversation you want on this topic

There’s a thread for the discussion of the Activision Blizzard acquisition.

1 Like

Stop using this thread as another three-person circular argument about Activision exclusivity. It’s grossly off-topic when there are literally three other threads built for this very thing. Those of you that have been warned enough to stay on topic will be getting a vacation next time.

8 Likes

Guilty as charged… Sometimes just doesn’t realise it

1 Like

I commented to the shit on the other topic chat but anyway. The Peppa Pig and Paw Patrol games are coming to game pass, you know what that means

3 Likes

I don’t see Microsoft entering entertainment for now. Other tech giants have little of everything, unlike Microsoft who is heavily into Gaming in comparison to other giants. Both Amazon and Apple are heavily into music (and even unified it) in comparison to Google, for example, who has pieces of everything but it is disjointed.

Now if they were to join…That would be interesting. I’ve been advocating for Paramount because they seem to be working close with Microsoft and Sega.

Just imagine Microsoft acquiring

• Warner Bros Discovery (35b) & Paramount (16b)
  • Spotify (20b)

Game Pass could become Media Pass with Paramount+, HBO Max, Discovery, Spotify and Gaming. Hard to imagine what price would be for that though.

But WB movies currently in a deep trouble with all those issues with actors. Not to mention debt. I wonder if any giant wants to touch them. Though they can probably afford eating the costs.

I am all for WBD. That would be a huge gain for Gamepass subscribers adding in HBO discovery and all of the other streaming properties they have. Not to mention owning DC outright along with the WBE studios. Mortal Kombat VS Killer Instinct here we go! That would open up all of the Cartoon Network and boomerang properties for games and crossovers as well. There could be a Space Jam game with all of the WBD characters to choose from, the possibiliies are endless. I have said it before, but I will say it again, I would pay $20 -$30 a month for gamepass with HBO and all of the other services added to it.

2 Likes

You can definitely spell SEGA with just the letters in SpongeBob!

… that’s what you were getting at. Right?:wink::joy:

2 Likes

It implies that price stays the same which I don’t believe it will. HBO Max by itself is comparable to GP price, Spotify too. I do wonder how Apple is able to keep Apple One that low for Arcade, TV and music though. Guess that App Store revenue offsets everything.

GP is 10$, GPU is 15$ HBO Max is 15$ Discovery+ is 5$ Spotify is 10$

They buying outright games?? Lol jk, I don’t see them buying a movie company right now

Oh I am fully aware that Gamepass price would need to increase. I think everyone expects it will increase down the road anyway. I could see GPU with HBO discovery and all included for $30 a month. I suspect once Microsoft moved everything over to Azure the cost to keep the other services going would be cheaper and could probably justify all under a $30 a month subscription. I don’t think that would be too outragous considering the services you are getting included.

I’m be there first to say I’d be happy if Microsoft acquired WBD.

That said the moment partnered with Paramount for Halo I assumed it would be Paramount they’d acquire if anything. Main catch being no gaming devs.

That is why I could see them getting WBD over Paramount is the gaming side of WB. All of those studios and IP along with the entertainment aspect of it. Why try to bid war or negotiate Batman, Justice League, or Mortal Kombat rights when you could just by the company that owns them. They could probably still maintain gaming rights to other IP like Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter as long as they are multiplat, but I bet they would be included in Gamepass going forward so still a win for Xbox gamers.

1 Like

Yeah it would’ve been smart to hold onto Call of Duty exclusivity. There is a zero sum situation that would’ve crippled PlayStation Plus subscription numbers and those COD gamers would’ve subscribed to Xbox Gold.

1 Like

And how about movies or series made with xbox ips?