Xbox Acquisition |OT5| Talking Exclusively About Xbox Acquisitions

if Kadokawa planned to sell FromSoftware then the highest bidder would get them, pretty much every Publisher would jump on this Bandai Namco, Xbox, Tencent…

So GL to Sony

4 Likes

We need argument thread about these studio, talking about them and predicating their Future who would stay as Supp studio and who would make it own games.

1 Like

Would love to see Radical Entertainment grow to a game studio again.

The remaining people are based in Vancouver. They could really benefit from the Ubisoft fallout. And the very probable failure of Jade Raymond and Haven.

4 Likes

“…walled off from so many players”

That wall is not very high… I don’t get this argument. What I have discovered lately is that the amount of households with only a PS and a TV is very high. No Xbox, no PC (stationary or laptop), no tablets, no cell phones.

7 Likes

That’s Sony’s play and always has been, I didn’t see them say anything when Sony does it. In fact, I remember Shinobi tweeting that “exclusives work” or something about Spider-Man on Avenegers being PS exclusives and that he would buy the PS version because of that… Ironic. I do love Shinobi though but his perspective on this is misguided.

9 Likes

They’re still together and hiring. They haven’t been dissolved.

They have recent job listings on the blizzard site.

1 Like

We need Prototype Reboot.

pirate-jealous

2 Likes

I know, they live as a support studio. In 2012 a lot of the people got laid off.

They are likely not able to develop own games anymore. There are very important positions probably not existing at all, because for COD support you don’t need them.

1 Like

Do we think there’s anything in Xbox and Bungie separation that prevents them from being acquired by Playstation or like a right of first refusal?

Xbox has a monopoly in the salt industry. Regulators should look into it.

12 Likes

No - Just whoever pays more

And personally Im good with letting Bungie walk to anybody tbh.

If microsoft still owns that minority stake in bungie that was reported on when the split happened, then i would presume they might have some priority.

1 Like

Rather see them make an Incredible Hulk game agian

does MS want to work with Marvel or do they want to work on IP no theirs ?

MS still hasn’t made a move on licensed IPs game

Updated the first post with a picture so it has a thumbnail now :philwins:

9 Likes

images

4 Likes

Better than a toenail I suppose.

1 Like

That may be one of the best start of a new OT. Love the energy !

1 Like

Saw this on Twitter

12 Likes

Hey, who changed my thread title?!?

“Are you not entertained?” was SO much better.