Xbox Acquisition |OT5| Talking Exclusively About Xbox Acquisitions

COD is a big part of that, they won’t be #3 for long grabbing at minimum that marketing again (also literally NONE of the acquisitions made has yet produced something concrete for Xbox, FH was already an Xbox series for example and that’s the only big exclusive came out from the acquisitions for now). Also people minimized big time how dire Xbox situation was (and still is in some regions) outside NA here. XD

7 Likes

We need someone to photoshop Phil’s face on a Monopoly ‘Go to Jail’ card lol

Always dream big baby.

IO Interactive? Square Enix!

Asobo? Nintendo!

Microsoft wants needle movers!!!

Satya loves big IPs, so definitely he will be happy to get GTA.

2 Likes

JRPG Studio, 3rd Person Focused Studio, Fighting Studio. Thats all they really could use.

Above that I’d say more focus on mobile may be the focus. I think they’ll want to get their bearings on this market more first.

I really think Jackbox Games would fit like a glove with their portfolio now. It spreads nicely across PC/Xbox/Mobile and they provide consistent popular content that can be tossed in gamepass.

3 Likes

I agree with everything but IDK if a fighting studio is a priority. There are few fighting studios and if the rumors are true, Bandai Namco is already developing a new Killer Instinct anyway.

Well there it is. There’s where they get their fighting studio. Welcome aboard Bandai :eyes:

2 Likes

They could pivot many of the ABK ones to third person.

Agreed for others.

2 Likes

There are few fighting studios and that’s why they need to get one. Half of them don’t release games on Xbox.

2 Likes

We got Bleeding Edge though!

2 Likes

Asobo, IOI and Crystal Dynamics. Maybe Bungie too.

4 Likes

Really outside of NR, there is no good fighting studio there, if they can’t get NR then build a studio for the Genre like world edge handle RTS Genre

2 Likes

70 Billion worth of OT discussion for the next 2 years…

2024 for the next big acquisition Han…

Toys for Bob will handle Platformers and Erated content, Beenox would be probably be the same.

from Supp studios we only know TFB is quality studio. As for the rest supp we don’t know how good they are.

Yeah raven studio made a good games before, but the studio is not the same as before, probably a lot of talents left it’s been 10 years since their last game.

MS needs time to build these studios and cultivate thier talent.

1 Like

I agree. I’m betting on a early 2024 acquisition. I don’t expect any acquisition, big or small, before that.

2 Likes

I expect defensive buy to one of their non pulisher partners.

There’s Arc Systems.

1 Like

He is just sayin, though. Only throwing it out there, lol. :phil_lmao:

Just taking a stand against consolidation and ripping away long standing developers from other platforms.

Heroic.

24 Likes

sure if they agree to sell in first place.

1 Like

High Moon is another solid one. I’m still mad how much Activision screwed them on Deadpool.

4 Likes