Xbox Acquisition |OT5| Talking Exclusively About Xbox Acquisitions

oh held…yes they did, genisis got games like castlevania, megaman, street fighter ect. when they didn’t though with the master system it flopped hard

They’re really not. You have a tendency to state your opinion as fact, which then taints your entire point. Total War, for example, is one of the continuously highest selling Strategy titles on PC, a series which has a cumulative sales amount that eclipses the majority of Capcom’s series historically (including Mega Man, for example). Capcom has recently started finding success with a handful of its franchises again, but they’ve not been terribly consistent over the last decade. They’d both be great for different reasons, but pretending Sega doesn’t have some incredibly consistent sellers because you don’t like them is disingenuous and should stay at the door.

8 Likes

Allright, at this point there is no reason to continue with this, is clear that you only believe in your own opinions and nothing else

Everyone knows my stance about MS buying a Japanese publisher, namely it wont happen.

If im wrong though, it would be Sega they buy. Total War is huge. Both Creative and Relic would fit.

8 Likes

5 Likes

Just curious, how do you guys “rate” how valuable a developer is for ms? Because reading your arguments I get the sense that not everyone judges what is worthwhile and what isn’t based on the same parameters.

Bandai Namco toys is on the level of Lego and Mattel

It’s a mix of things imo.

Size, quality, and quantity of IP, teams, and output is a major factor (this is why I often diminish Konami and KT).

Potential growth and positive outlook are also another major piece.

The fact of the matter is none of us know what would happen.

MS should go for Nintendo. Hits all the boxes they want (kid friendly IP, mobile games, variety of genres, japanese audience)

Umm why? Let’s just leave them alone. We can go for others, but first party? Nah, let them be

Now that MS is getting Activision blizzard nothing is off the table.

First Party ? Who cares ? This isn’t about the small time “console war” this is about the streaming entertainment war involving huge players like Google, Amazon, Apple etc

This topic moves in weird ways sometimes.

People think MS will get Nintendo and then there is people that think Sega doesn’t have IPs that are truly powerful.

There was a reason Sega had the Master System, Genesis, Saturn and Dreamcast, because of the IPs that Sega made for it.

Did Sega fall on hard times, yes, but since then Sega has become very successful in the PC market and even though games like Sega Football Manager isn’t for everyone, it has become a very big game.

So I wouldn’t discount Sega at all.

3 Likes

Who said anything about “console wars”. That becomes scary territory if MS bought Nintendo, and if your fandom for MS blinds you to that, then we can’t have a conversation

1 Like

Scary how ? If anything the Activision/Blizzard/King merger would be more scary than Nintendo. Much more $$$

And no need to get fired up, this is the acquisition thread. Is there a list of companies we aren’t allowed to mention here or something ?

Well I agree it would be foolish to base the decision solely on jrpgs. That goes for any company really.

Square would yield some high budget jRPGs (Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Forspoken), some high budget action-adventure and other games (Kingdom Hearts, Tomb Raider, Guardians of the Galaxy), plus a whole lot of mid budget and low budget stuff, some of which is good (Octopath / Triangle Strategy) and some of which is off the wall stuff that it’s staggering to believe a modern publisher has released commercially (Balan last year, Babylon this year). They do a lot of publishing - Life is Strange and Outriders from SE Europe are much better products than what a lot of the Japanese side has been doing there which we just mentioned.

Outside of conventional gaming, they offer a very successful MMO, and a respectable mobile gaming division. Microsoft is probably more interested in these two things than they are in half of their conventional games, although it’s all welcome. There were some cool synergies between mobile and console where Octopath got a surprisingly fully featured mobile prequel that is basically an even bigger game than the more famous console game is. It was clever re-use of assets and pipelines there imo.

In terms of Japanese publishers, the mobile side is definitely important to consider overall. Namco is the most valuable Japanese publisher (other than Sony / Nintendo) because in addition to a decent home console business, it runs a really profitable mobile division. Capcom is arguably the most “pure” in terms of having the least penetration outside of conventional gaming, which probably appeals to people ITT because it has some really solid stuff, but is less well rounded for any buyer who would also love to get their hands on big mobile games. Then again, nearly all of the big Japanese companies also have at least something completely random that a buyer probably doesn’t want (whether that’s arcades, pachinko, book publishing or making anime).

Just putting this out there: some folks who live in this thread and post all the time without pause saying the same things and arguing the same points without any new idea or information actually detract from the discussion in many ways. It’s hard to want to engage when different discussion points or opinions are constantly shouted down by the same members. Maybe slow up your posting a bit, the thread doesn’t always have to be moving a mile a minute :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I agree. Some people live in a bubble. Nintendo is a clear choice, as is Sega or Ubisoft here for Microsoft only once Activision goes through

New rule: You can only post once a month :phil_lmao:

None of that bothers me. You can start a new conversation whenever you want. The more we talk even if its on things we have already said the more fun the forum is in my opinion

1 Like

Sure thing. I think you’re missing the point. But ok.