Xbox Acquisition |OT5| Talking Exclusively About Xbox Acquisitions

nah if you want focus on worldwide growth capcom is much better than SEGA lol, SEGA is seen as the sonic makers and maybe Yakuza in the west rather than a compan with a pretty rich catalogue of IPs

MS buying nintendo would 10000% be blocked for Antitrust, its not even worth entertaining the thought. One of the 3 major console platform holders purchasing another one would be absolutely a no go

3 Likes

Capcom doesn’t have near the broad amount of content or pull on the massive PC market that Sega does.

2 Likes

Hey, Sega’s IP is second to Nintendo’s

yeah because owning 4 facing of their respective genres (DMC, Resident Evil, Street Fighter and Ace Attorney), having other massive IPs which are either big worldwide or have been seeing massive growth in other regions like europe and the west e.g. monster hunter, having a line up of arcade games which fill a completely untouched genre in game pass and having a ton more along side capcom confirming they want to making PC their main platform is less broad than SEGA. sorry but I am going to press X to doubt on that

Capcom easily beats SEGA in terms of IPs

Dude cmon, you cant be serious with this, I agreed that capcom has more iconic ips but people doesnt see sega as the sonic makers only in the western

I mean if you want to compare arcade libraries, I’m sorry but Capcom isn’t even in the game compared to Sega.

1 Like

You are wrong, but that’s ok

if you approached x amount of random people (not gamers, regular people from the street) how many people do you think would know SEGA for anything else but sonic

one sub section, cool. I think Sonic and Resident evil are probably SEGA and Capcom most iconic franchises and the 1 time SEGA would win in iconicness, what do you think more people would know. Street fighter or Yakuza? what about monster hunter and persona or DMC and total war. Yeah capcom dunks on SEGA in terms of being more broad

Maybe because thats their icon? Like seriously dude why are you trying to make sega look less relevant? They where one of the biggest competitors to nintendo, at this point I am just going to believe that you are just a square fan

1 Like

Going to Yakuza when discussing Sega IP is all I need to know that this conversation isn’t going to go anywhere

Sega held there own against a combination of Nintendo, Konami, and Capcom.

3 Likes

I think from a worldwide perspect SEGA is a better buy than Square, that is why I am speaking about Capcom and not Square Enix but sure, totally a square fan. And being the direct competitor to nintendo over 2 decades ago doesn’t mean much now a days, like nokia ruled the phone space ages ago so MS buying them was smart right? I am not saying SEGA is a bad buy but the logic remains the same

I mentioned more than that, I meantioned persona and total war but go ahead and justify SEGA’s IPs holding just as much weight to the casual fan as mario, metal gear, resident evil, animal crossing, castlevania, street fighter, DMC, legend of zelda, pokemon, super smash bros, kirby, bomberman, frogger, silent hill, donkey kong, megaman ect. since SEGA holds their own against all 3 of them combined surely you will have no issue with this

Just say you never owned a Genesis/Mega Drive

I actually did own a genesis despite being born in the wii gen, the fact I don’t remember anything besides some simpsons game should tell you the impact it had on me but most people are not going to care about genesis or mega drive games because they are so old you can play them on a browser most likely.

Like be honest to yourself, do you think a normal person will go “I wasn’t sold on game pass but now that echo the dolfine and alters beast is on the service I am sold” because I can bet almost no one will do that

Nah, but Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Skies of Arcadia, Panzer Dragoon, Shinobi, and Jet Set Radio might get it done.

Don’t forget that a good chunk of us came to Xbox because of Sega.

6 Likes

Guess what, nintendo is doing that to sell their service, and if the rumors are true playstation will do it aswell, do you really think people will not love to play a ton of master system,genesis,saturn, game gear, dreamcast titles on xbox?

If segas games didnt had an impact on you thats ok, but other people still remember their games

1 Like

Phantasy star isn’t that big in the west, shining forces I have heard of it but thats about it, Panzer Dragoon has a cult following I will give that, shinobi I heard for the 1st time during the controversy due to it being a timed exclusive to the fortnite launcher, jet set radio fair but now convince me they “hold there own against a combination of Nintendo, Konami, and Capcom.”

locking online behind a pay wall and removing virtual console to the which has upset most nintendo fan and its mostly been agreed upon that nintendo online sucks among nintendo fans since the online still sucks

sort out back compat for their previous consoles hopefully but won’t do day and date showing they won’t fully comit and that their service won’t live up against game pass as a result

mever said they wouldn’t, I just said you would have a hard time convincing me that would be the thing that gets them to sub to game pass, escpecially when compared to something like Capcom’s liabary and iconic on going franchises

Can’t we all just agree that out of all the major Japanese publishers that Konami and Koei Tecmo should be on the bottom of the list?

SEGA, CAPCOM, Square, or Bandai would be huge for any company to acquire, even at their worst.

ehhhh…,I would put Konami’s IP above Bandai but the rest I agree

I don’t need to convince you, it was reality. Sega did not have the support of any of these companies and competed for three generations (and got owned in the 4th)

1 Like