Xbox Acquisition |OT5| Talking Exclusively About Xbox Acquisitions

Agree, TellTale would have been the perfect fit for any subsciption service. Actually lot’s of games (Solo most of all) are movies, and the only game that are “tv show” are GAAS games. Telltale are the only one who make solo game like “Tv show”. (And we all know that netflix and co need lot of Tv shows to have content every mounth on their catalogue)

But now they should acquire : LCG Entertainment & AdHoc Studio (That’s the studio of former telltale)

2 Likes

I was going between bravely defualt or chrono trigger but chrono trigger is one of the most legendary JRPGs in history so I went for that

they mostly make arcade games like space invaders, bubble bobble, gunsligher and Touhou Spell Bubble

Same, with the amazing work they did on Flight Simulator too I’m sure they are on the table. I’m pretty sure I read before that Asobo just don’t want to sell.

Going back to studios rather than publishers I would like to see Xbox pick up a few that are able to produce Sony style blockbuster narrative games:

• Giant Sparrow: crated the highly acclaimed What remains of Edith Finch.

• Remedy: needs no introduction but is most well known for Control.

• Asobo: created the highly acclaimed Plague Tale.

• Dontnod: partially owned by Tencent but famous for Life is Strange and Vampyr.

• Hazelight: Most recently known for It Takes Two (fantastic game) but Josef Fares previously worked on Brothers in his previous studio (Starbreeze).

From publishers it has to be:

• Rocksteady (WB) - Amazing studio who worked on the Arkham games.

• CD/Eidos (SE) - Tomb Raider, Guardians of the Galaxy etc.

• Capcom - Resident Evil and DmC.

• Ubisoft - AC, Prince of Persia, Immortals Fenyx Rising & FarCry

1 Like

Microsoft and Remedy’s relationships fell apart and currently Remedy is heading basically towards the same position as Platinum (unlike Platinum they own some IPs though).

1 Like

See, now we’re talking. If it was me, and I’d design this to suit my own tastes, I’d replace a couple of those JRPGs with the likes of Thief, Guardians of the Galaxy, Kane & Lynch, or even Kingdom Hearts or Dungeon Siege. But even as it stands, that graphic is infinitely more appealing to me than the Sega one posted earlier.

I heard this mentioned on a podcast before (I think Jez Corden?) however I haven’t seen where this information came from.

I know Quantum Break kinda flopped but they released a statement saying they were extremely happy to be working with Microsoft again with regards to CrossfireX.

Remedy would be a good pick up but I doubt as if I am not mistaken they are in a publishing deal with epic games and are currently closer with Sony, ASOBO is a studio Microsoft should pick up if they can, Dontnod would be a good pick up

Rocksteady wouldn’t be my 1st pick up from WB but they would be a solid pick up as they are talented. Personally though Neatherrealm and Monolith Productions would be the 1st pick up I would get from WB as they own IPs that come along side them. I do think TT games, Rocksteady and Avalanche Software are good pick ups in terms of talent though… CD/Eidos I doubt my opinion to these will ever change, buy just them feels like just buying Relic and Creative Assembly from SEGA too me, buying SEGA or Square as a whole just makes more sense… Capcom is easily one of the best pick ups from Japan in my opinion… Ubisoft is the publisher which I think best compares to the idea of “Sony games” being mainly 3rd person open world actions games granted the quality trends to not be as good but they also trend to release more often so it evens itself out…

I used more JRPGs since Microsoft would likely want to make a statement in Japan (for guardians of the galaxy and kingdom hearts, they are either licensed or owned by someone else (disney) so I didn’t include them) but…I made one for SEGA too because the other graphic was a joke (no offense but it didn’t even have sonic…you know…Mr SEGA)

(I also made them for other companies, I will share them later but if you have any suggestions/requests message me :wink: )

4 Likes

These are awesome great work👍

Awesome that one is much better, I just found a random one on Google (could you make the Bayonetta logo clearer please?).

That better

Just saw from Bloomberg that 4 U.S. senators are pressuring the FTC to review the Activision merger with a letter raising concerns about the deal’s impact on workers.

No need for the politicians to pressure as the FTC has already said they are reviewing the merger since the other department had a conflict of interest. This is laughable attention seeking by those politicians.

It’s also hilarious coming off the recent news of Microsoft as being rated the number one company to work for.

11 Likes

They’re already reviewing it lol

6 Likes

And conversely the terrible working conditiona at Activision and especially Blizzard.

8 Likes

Yup. As i said, this is purely the Politicians peacocking.

5 Likes

Some more details (apparently was from Wall Street Journal)

“the deal could undermine employees’ calls for accountability over alleged misconduct at the videogame giant.”

Edit: Found it U.S. Senators Pressure FTC to Review Microsoft-Activision Merger - WSJ

Is that the same complaints that they settled out of court the other day? If so, the politicians are late as always. There’s still a lawsuit ongoing in California, from what I can see.

https://thehill.com/policy/technology/600241-activision-blizzard-settles-federal-sexual-harassment-case-for-18-million/

A spokesperson for the California agency told the Los Angeles Times in a statement that it “will continue to vigorously prosecute its action against Activision in California state court” and added that the state court set a trial date for February 2023.

The Hill reached out to the agency for comment.

The CDFEH [sued the company] in July, alleging it fostered a “frat boy” workplace culture that subjected women at the company to sexual harassment and lower pay than their male peers.

The company rejected the allegations.

2 Likes

4 senators full of shit for their political points because everyone and including them knows none of the responsibles will be there once its done, most if not all of them will resign instead of being kicked out.

9 Likes

Indeed. The deal is perhaps the only way to get rid of the top drivers of the complaints. Only thing worse than statistics are Politicians.

6 Likes