Xbox Acquisition |OT4| It's Acquisition Season for Xbox with $69 Billion deal, NICE!

Looks like we have some work to do. To SEGA HQ we go!

12 Likes

Smart move by MS and exactly what i want them to do in Japan.

Contract and fund instead of acquire

1 Like

Not what it reads in the slightest lol

1 Like

There is no mention of Xbox. I imagine it is Azure focused.

4 Likes

Open your fourth eye

1 Like

Reads as Microsoft centric deal

1 Like

Open your Fifth Eye

2 Likes

Oh great. Is @javycane secretly Danzo?

It reads as a little more than just using Azure though, since it’s a partnership. Guess we’ll see.

I’m fairly sure nothing will materialize from the Sony/MS “partnership” though.

naruto shippuden GIF

1 Like

I wonder if MS is going to help Sega with their hero shooter game. It doesn’t sound like it in that news post. But as they get closer Sega is going to need support and who better to turn to than MS.

I think it means more ports of games and gamepass day one for some as well

Now that I think of it, PSO2, which uses Azure, is Xbox-exclusive in the west. Could be a similar case with other games that use Microsoft tech, such as Creative Assembly’s FPS project, potentially. Or maybe not. Guess we’ll see. Either way, good for SEGA, it’s nice to see them have more resources.

Also, perhaps we should create a separate topic for this news since it isn’t necessarily acquisition-related.

1 Like

I know its more for Microsoft this deal but i really wish they would start leveraging this stuff for xbox. There should be no way sega games should be missing their own console anymore. Obviously its different from Sony considering that sega is a 3rd party

They been doing pretty well with Sega though haven’t they? Atlus on the other hand…

This is one way to work around the whole MS just buys everyone and not people they’ve worked with :stuck_out_tongue:

Last one for today… I swear…

8 Likes

I know people might be brushing this off as nothing, but it seems like it is gonna be a deep partnership in terms of cloud and development process as well, which is no small thing, and exactly the type of stuff you would want to be more global. In terms of games, it might ensure that no others will skip the platform, who knows.

Now Timdog had this to say, but it is a matter if you want to believe it or not :

6 Likes
7 Likes

If anything it might at least mean no SEGA games will skip Xbox, which people should be happy with.

6 Likes