Xbox Acquisition |OT3| 100% Organic Growth

Charlie Murphy Pancakes GIF

1 Like

I remember Phil saying he wanted more family friendly games on gamepass, so a Take Two acquistion wouldn’t really give that would it? Lol.

I still think it’s probably coming from close relationships, like IOI and Avanlanche with their xbox exclusive games.

Those are coming from game pass deals lol

I’m no longer sure we’re getting an announcement this month. They’re not going to overshadow Deathloop’s launch especially with its critical reception and they just announced a Halo Infinite flight for the week after. Now I’m thinking very end of the month or early-mid October.

2 Likes

Bethesda is Xbox now so they absolutely care.

If there’s a genuine opportunity to own Grand Theft Auto and Red Dead Redemption, you don’t let family friendly stand in the way.

A game reviewing well is not going to shut down PR for an entire month. The game isn’t even on the console they need to sell this holiday.

7 Likes

They won’t shut down for the entire month, just this week lol. Next week they’ll pimp the Infinite flight and then the week after the schedule is clear until AOE4.

True, but I can’t imagine why T2 would want to sell.

Same reason as everyone else

vince mcmahon wwe GIF

The price just has to be right

1 Like

This was very educational thanks for this. If I recall correctly this was before the gearbox and codemasters acquisitions which really started spiking the cost. I imagine insomniac would be much higher valued if they sold at a different time.

2 Likes

Can we not repeat this idiotic, unnecessary argument? Also, has nothing to do with acquisitions at this point.

14 Likes

If it ultimately will harm its overall success, it might not be an “idiotic” take, no?

Maybe it was a requirement for the sale of Zenimax. I can understand that Microsoft might be reluctant to immediately barge into Bethesda and rip up contracts. That would cast a very bad light at them and would complicate acquisitions in the future.

I don’t think so. This isn’t the same Microsoft that trampled all over companies to get what they want.

I just think it wasn’t worth the hassle for them. You think anyone will care about this in a year when Redfall, Deathloop and Starfield will release back to back with only few months in between?

I seriously doubt this has anything to do with being nice guys.

Keep it on topic or take it to the community threads, I’m tired of getting DMs when I’m working because a few bad actors can’t read the title of the thread.

9 Likes

Got you bro!

sega GIF

13 Likes

Denzel Washington GIF

9 Likes

Right, getting Steam would be a great tthing for MS

And getting new ownership who would actually have interst in making a new Halflife, Portal and maybe even Team Fortress would be great for us

Not seeing it happen, but I’d certainly love it if it did

1 Like

take-two-interactive-logo-99DD475B48-seeklogo.com hqdefault denzel-laugh

8 Likes