Xbox Acquisition |OT| - So We’re Back to Making Lists, Huh?

I’m fiending for another acquisition. Sigh. Its a vicious never ending cycle.

1 Like

I know I already responded to this once, but after that I finally started Hades and HOLY SHIT, IT RULES. Yeah, get SuperGiant, Xbox! Post haste!

2 Likes

I was going to get Hades on Steam but I’mma wait for the Xbox and probably Game Pass release

1 Like

I hope that happens, but SuperGiant games don’t always come. Transistor and Pyre didn’t. For me, it’s a great Switch game.

I hope it releases on Xbox. Sad that the last couple games have skipped.:confused:

1 Like

If there is a another major acquisition then they won’t announce it until 1-9 November

1 Like

WB could still be sold if the price isn’t to high. Anything else seems sooooo unlikely.

Zenimax was 2 years of negotiations according to rumors!? And I agree. Google, Apple or Amazon won’t make a move until their platform is a proven product. Not a successful one, but a proven one.

1 Like

I’m assuming that you mean in terms of publishers. I think there are a number of independent private studios that would not surprise me at all to see Microsoft acquired them.

2 Likes

Not exactly on the “buying mode” topic but what do we think about Microsoft and Valve working together on something? No one is really talking about it but they could be working on something together maybe. There was that 1 rumour steam would come to Xbox but that went away quickly. Just food for thought honestly.

I think someone or something will be bought by the end of the 21’ financial year that’s for sure, only a matter of who and when.

1 Like

I think they might be; Gabe has been unusually outspoken about support for the Series X and Microsoft overall lately.

3 Likes

Yeah that interview where he was asked which console he thought was better, there was no hesitation to say Series X haha. I don’t think at all Microsoft will buy Steam but bringing Steam store to maybe Xbox/xCloud would be really cool. They could even work on brining the VR space over too. Could you just imagine HL being a Xbox console exclusive lol.

2 Likes

MS is also already porting most of their games to Steam now, and they also collaborated with Steam and HP on their VR headset.

1 Like

I agree, and I think Valve’s independence is paramount to them. I could definitely see a broad collaboration between them though: maybe some Game Pass/Steam handholding, some VR work like you suggested (I’m not a VR guy but I know many would love to have it on Xbox), and I too am hoping for HL: Alyx to be on Xbox (an exclusive would be a coup).

2 Likes

Man I’m just waiting for HL: Alyx console version to come on Xbox for an insta buy.

2 Likes

Amazing how Nintendo only has like 6 internal studios (although Nintendo EPD is huge and puts out like 3-4 games per year) yet their output of quality games supercedes MS and Sony’s

They do a lot of external/second party development. Luigi’s Mansion 3, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Smash are all externally developed

I do think MS needs to acquire Asobo but aside that, it wouldn’t be the end of the world if MS didn’t acquire a developer but built a damn strong relationship with them and gave them a IP to work on. I think the number 1 candidate in that regard should be Playtonic working on a new Banjo.

Frontier on Viva Piñata. I’ll scream it until I pass out.

Also, I think Gears of Breakfast would make a better B&K.

1 Like

With the fan fest event that Microsoft is hyping up, I wonder if they will have any studio acquistions or announce they acquired any new ip. They seem to be really hyping it.

3 Likes

It seems like an all year thing, not one “event”.

So what do you think it is

Whatever it is, I think they’re just trying to figure out the best methods to get out the other major news or details (like the Series X gameplay showcase Aaron Greenberg mentioned) before launch. Personally, I think a digital conference like their July showcase, albeit shorter, would be a great way to do so. Or something like what they did with Ignite this year would be cool, where they have devs or studio heads highlight content coming with live fan interaction.

1 Like