Xbox Acquisition |OT| - So We’re Back to Making Lists, Huh?

Chances are he does not know about EA Play Pro yet. :laughing:

Plus his quote was not about hating Gamepass. From his quotes, it looked like he didn’t know what Gamepass was.

2 Likes

you’re right, hate is a strong word

All, I’m happy to discuss Josef’s “odd-ball” character traits, or his games, as much as the next guy, but let’s keep this on topic. The last thing I want is Nick coming in and renaming this thread… :wink:

5 Likes

Xbox Acquisition |OT| Josef Fares Thread is Thatta Way

Do Want Give It To Me GIF

5 Likes

Going to be good when Xbox announces 3+ studios this E3.

3 Likes

Sorry, it was a jest about the concern I’m seeing in regards to some comments I’m seeing about how Microsoft could afford some things and will their investors be happy, etc.

In the end, Microsoft has over $130 billion in the bank and it’s a bad time to be expecting cash in the bank to be an asset with the flux of the market; it’s a much better usage to make acquisitions in areas where they’re already seeing growth.

9 Likes

Hazelight also makes sense, from the perspective that Microsoft are looking to build local hubs, considering they are literally located in the same office building as Mojang.

5 Likes

Looks like SEGA is not an acquisition target.

… what changed?

I think everyone is on the table.

MS is hungry, imo.

1 Like

They’ve got money sitting that they want to spend. Both in and out of gaming.

Klobrille said Microsoft isn’t buying sega

1 Like

Wanna link that? Just looked at his tweets and haven’t seen anything.

Edit; found it in the studios thread on XboxEra.

I don’t like that he winked at the of that. Really doesn’t make things clear at all. He’s been cheeky before. Lol

Care to link that here?

Here’s the link:

Our friend @ProgStopper is getting internet famous over this I hear.:wink:

Klob backing up my general view that MS are not interested in big money acquisitions when it comes to Japan

I still think they’ll acquire more in Japan.

It’s a spot Phil has a big focus for and has said so publicly on multiple occasions.:woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I just think they will prefer to expand Tango, and maybe even create thier own Japanese studio then spend billions on a publisher

2 Likes

They don’t necessarily need to buy a publisher (although that’s a fast way to cover a lot of bases) but expanding Tango and buying up independent studios in Japan can go a long way.

The time to buy is now before tech company prices inflate even more.

1 Like

I half agree with you. They are not going to buy a japanese publisher, but I do see them buying independent studios.