Xbox Acquisition |OT| - So We’re Back to Making Lists, Huh?

Yeah it does feel like we are all passionately agreeing on the same core point at this rate XD

Halo Infinite looked terrible - terrible enough that MS pulled it from the launch completely and reassigned people at 343. Nope, doesn’t really count

1 Like

Uh yea it does its a first party title hate to break it to ya

2 Likes

Ultimately I think the Japanese games on Xbox situation will change with the new Xbox GDK. If they already have the game ported for PC, it theoretically should be a lot easier (and cost effective) to also port it to Xbox. I guess we’ll find out if that’s true.

4 Likes

Yes, but we were arguing about good-looking AAA first party titles. Halo Infinite has become an Internet ‘meme’ it looked so bad. We will see if it can recover some time late next year

But TWEWY isn’t being release on PC - only PS4 and Switch. Otherwise it makes no sense to exclude the Xbox

1 Like

Ah so it has to be good looking for it to count as a first party title gotcha

1 Like

With as much money as MS has sunk into the game, it should look phenomenal

1 Like

That 500 million was never confirmed only rumor

A lot of Japanese games that come to PC don’t come to Xbox. And I think going forward we’ll see more of these games being released for Steam after publishers continue to be “Surprised” that their cult hit titles that sell well here in the West also (shockingly) sell well on Steam.

1 Like

is this Project Athia?

I still think MS needs to work on two areas.

1. Those Sony type third person adventure games. Studios like Asobo would be great gets for this.
  2. More high quality platformer type games. Banjo could get remade again. Possibly MS could buy a studio like Playtronic, or outsource a new Banjo type game to another studio. Maybe buy a studio just to work with Rare and bring their old IPs back to life.
  3. Buy a studio like Sega where they have a ton of IP that can be worked on. Sonic exclusive to Xbox?
3 Likes

If you’re going to keep detailing the thread with off-topic, antagonistic hammering on about how Halo killed one of your children, please don’t. Keep that to DMs if you need the fulfillment.

2 Likes

Sonic exclusive to Xbox man that would be insane

1 Like

Nope its a sequel to the world ends with you that was on the DS

1 Like

Yeah, these 3rd person action-adventure games are great for GOTY nominations and Xbox needs these types of games because they get a lot of clout and free marketing and the feeling of look Xbox has the best games (this has not happened for a long time).

Xbox’s strategy for acquiring has been pretty simple thus far.

1. Have worked with Xbox publishing prior games
  2. Have good IP
  3. Private companies

Xbox’s gamepass model will require them to be as omnipresent as Netflix i.e. available everywhere. Xbox doesn’t have what stadia or Luna have, a platform like YouTube or twitch to direct existing users to play games without hassle, this is what they tried with mixer and sadly failed mostly due to being late and this is a big disadvantage. look how YouTube is slowly eating into Twitch’s streaming market share just through being more n popular despite not putting much effort into it.

To combat stadia and Luna they’d need to be have IP (Xbox’s big advantage currently) and availability on all devices and they need to do this quick (currently the lowest resolution compared to other services) And finally, gamepass will have to evolve into finally having a plan where 3rd party games you buy can also be streamed directly like stadia pro.

So yeah, there will be lots of investment coming from MS in the next few years, this is their main entry point into consumers and it leverages what MS is all about now Azure and services. This has the potential to be Microsoft’s biggest revenue generators and they know that.

1 Like

Looking unlikely anyone else gets acquired this year. Understandable mind. The Zenimax acquisition is insane

who knows but it will not announced this year, they could reached to an agreement with one of the studios or they build new studio right now

I think they have some kind of agreement with Sega, even if they didn’t buy them

1 Like

I’m don’t really care about that and care more about MS own In-House teams really showing off the Series X. I find it worrying that after 5 years 343 still need more time mind, its almost Valve levels of development time LOL

I think the Japan problem is caused by XBox not being a suitable partner for some developers and maybe a lack of trust for Microsoft since the dissolving of ASCII Microsoft. However Microsoft is a different company now. I’m not trying to throw shade, but I once interviewed for a job with Kyoto’s Q-Games. They are lovely people but they seem to hate XBox because they think the console is brash and doesn’t want to understand Japanese customs or put effort into getting a footing there. I remember Dylan Cuthburt sharing on his Facebook the Japanese launch of XBox One. He mentioned that he wouldn’t have known that the XBox was launching if he weren’t part of the gaming industry. Now Dylan doesn’t seem to hate Microsoft. He even showed displeasure at all the anti-Bill Gates Vaccine Conspiracy Theories, and if I remember correct, he follows Bill Gates on Twitter. He also follows Chris Charla, who is the ID@XBox Director. Phil Spencer follows Dylan on twitter, so maybe their was some communications in the background. What I don’t understand is why they decided to support Stadia.