Xbox Acquisition |OT| - So We’re Back to Making Lists, Huh?

he was talking about ninja theory

While that does fit a lot of the criteria imo, the issue is that Klobrille was surprised by the announcement of Double Fine at E3 2019, he was actually expecting Hello Games to be announced.

Are either of those the studio he was hinting at? Idk.

This was after E3 2018 he teased it. Ninja Theory was already part of Xbox Game Studios.

I think it was Ready At Dawn.

1 Like

That one would make sense, since they later in got acquired by Facebook, showing they were at least interested in an acquisition.

Bluepoint is probably already Sony’s. Karth and Marispan said it’s already a done deal and they’re working on multiple Metal Gear remakes for Sony.

We (Xbox) need to focus on the big missing three:

• Family Titles
  • JRPGS/Japanese Titles
  • Fighting Games

Creative Assembly made Halo Wars 2 as well (same team as Alien: Isolation), not Relic, but yeah, I agree with what you said. Sports Interactive has also started to bring Football Manager to Xbox as we’ve seen recently and Two Point Studios brought Two Point Hospital over to consoles. Perhaps Xbox could also assist the teams in Xbox ports if there ever is an acquisition. I’d really like to see Total War on consoles some day.

3 Likes

Who are they

I think verified insiders at resetera. One of them leaked that Japan Studios develope Silent Hill. We know how this turns out.

Yep sony insiders are always wrong

Do you think Xbox is going to acquire any Japanese studio? We know from the Bloomberg article, that turned out to be true, that they are seeking to acquire companies in Japan. So far news hasn’t been reassuring as games are still skipping xbox. I thought they would buy a publisher but now I am thinking smaller studios.

Yes MS I think will buy a studios/Pub from Japan when who knows

With the “I give you freedom and money, go nuts” approach they’re having with first-party studios, I can see Kojima being acquired.

Kojima loves to do crazy stuff, and I’m sure Phil would love to let him loose.

7 Likes

Can you imagine?

“XBOX JAPAN IS:

Shinji Mikami

Hideo Kojima

Goro Majima”

2 Likes

It’s highly possible in my opinion, maybe Shinji can even put in good word for him… “Phil-san is crazy, I have absolute freedom and money to do whatever…”

3 Likes

I’d go crazy if they somehow managed to get White Owls and Grasshopper Manufacturing.

Suda 51 and Swery65 together sounds awesome. Not to mention maybe they’d get Mikami on board in some capacity.

2 Likes

I think that a good catch that could make some crazy stuff with money is Cyberconnect2.

They know how to make absolute amazing graphics and animation, what if they made the next big JRPG? Or could even make a jump fighting game.

1 Like

A lot of people dismiss Kojima, but I think he would be one of the few people to actually make an actual good cloud game since he wants to create to create new genres like with the ‘strand’ thing with death stranding. If the Google / kojima rumors were true, and the statue does mean something, maybe we get something from kojima.

2 Likes

Don’t even care about any Kojima game but having him associated to the xbox brand is GIGANTIC. Like enourmous.

8 Likes

Hironobu Sakaguchi please.

Thank you.

:upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Exactly how I feel about him, but he would bring prestige and potential GOTY nominee type of game.

2 Likes