Xbox Acquisition |OT| - So We’re Back to Making Lists, Huh?

Their talent that just took eight years to release a half finished buggy disaster? Their talent that has released four games and only one of those is objectively good? Their talent that operates a exceedingly toxic work environment? The talent that is already leaving?

Cyberpunk 2077 Design Lead Andrzej Zawadzki exits CDPR after nearly 8 years | Shacknews

MS isnt buying them. They have nothing to offer.

7 Likes

Microsoft could just set up a studio across the road with a big sign outside the studio saying

WE’LL GIVE YOU 10% MORE PAY + EXTRAS + FREEDOM TO WORK NORMAL HOURS

1 Like

Even if they set up just the sign, I’ll be laughing so hard. :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

For the nth time, CDPR is not on Microsoft’s target list. No IP, an entire distribution platform that not only flies against everything MS has been building and which grossly increases the cost, terrible culture in management and PR, and a snail’s pace development turnaround are just a few reasons Microsoft will stay miles away from acquiring the studio. And yes, you may want to check your information, because CDPR is valued at more than the entire Bethesda acquisition, thus further making it a fruitless purchase.

4 Likes

I just want them to buy the gaming arm of Konami, and pump all the money into Pro Evolution Soccer. That’s it, that’s the only acquisition I want.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Microsoft in talks with Discord over $10 billion+ acquisition

I mean, yes they will. They are a publicly traded company with a market cap of 5.5 billion USD, even after all the terrible PR and disastrous launch of Cyberpunk.

You would need to pay almost Bethesda levels at their current valuation to get shareholders to consider it worth their time. Maybe a bit less but not dramatically so.

Microsoft have a good relationship with EA and making a direct rival game to EAs biggest game in FIFA would be questionable.

Understood, counter point, PES has hit gamepass nearly day one for two straight years too, whereas Fifa is the one “2021” EA sports title that is not yet on gamepass, even though Madden etc are

PES making it to gamepass is how bad it actually sells and fifa doesnt hit the ea vault traditionally until May.

The best 2 publishers for MS in my opinion are T2 and Sega. With T2 GTA6 alone could bring more than 50 million people to the Xbox ecosystem and also they will get big franchises like Red Dead, Mafia, XCOM, Bioshock, Civilization and more also don’t forget a yearly release for NBA 2K on Game Pass. For Sega, great Japanese and PC studios with big franchises.

3 Likes

Be that as it may, the point being made by CryOn was that having PES as an Xbox property (and therefore on Gamepass) is that it would annoy EA - except that it already is on Gamepass and treated like an Xbox game. I just want Xbox to pay for the licences and some improved graphics

I dont know if he is a trusted insider but I will be posting this anyways

This guy doesn’t know anything. Literally anyone can say that.

9 Likes

It’s always funny to read all the random stuff he pulls out. I hope he never quits.

4 Likes

Ragnar :skull:

5 Likes

Not an insider; there hasn’t been a single verification that I’ve seen to suggest otherwise.

5 Likes

Time for u to start giving us hints please .

4 Likes

I’ll drop you a hint.:wink:

Microsoft… will buy… a company located on the planet earth.

8 Likes

Ragnar is our FoxyGames. He says what we want to hear and his leaks are entertaining, and at least one of them lined up so he can fall back on it, but I don’t think he’s an insider.

7 Likes