Xbox 3rd party exclusives 2020/2021

This one too I guess ? It only mentions the XSX.

I didn’t even know that this game existed.

3 Likes

Great list.

As a Halo fan, I was really looking forward to playing Infinite on my XSX on launch day. As much as I understand the delay, it’s still disappointing on a personal level.

BUT, while the third party showcase got some heat and criticism, I found that there was a lot to like and be excited about. Most of these games look great and are on track to be available at or near launch in 2020.

The Medium, The Ascent, 12 Minutes and Second Extinction all look like they’re up my alley.

I know there’s no big flagship title now launching but there’s still reason to be excited IMO with games like these on the way.

1 Like

I really hope shredders is good. I would love a good snowboarding game.

1 Like

The most interesting one to me is STALKER 2. STALKER was probably only behind Witcher 3 and Metro in terms of the big Eastern European franchises and on its release, it was the patriarch of Eurojank. Investing in a new STALKER of all games shows to me they are really interested in finding the next Witcher in terms of games that could elevate to the next level. Which is an exciting prospect.

1 Like

This thread has done a better job than Xbox at marketing these games. Some do look good. When is bright infinite releasing?

3 Likes

Stalker 2 easily the best one on the list. Also keen on Medium, Call of the Sea and Ascent.

1 Like

So many interesting and genuinely good looking games there.

The Ascent and Gunk are definitely on my radar.

1 Like

I love Halo and all the big hitters, but these are the games I look forward to the most and pretty much sold me on the XSX. MS really need to do a marketing blitz showing off all these games running on XSX.

1 Like

STALKER 2 looks awesome. Also keen to play Crossfire X campaign

2 Likes

2021 is the goal

1 Like

Thanks OP, nice list. I’m really glad we get The Falconeer, 12 Minutes, Call of the Sea and The Ascent in 2020. I wasn’t sure about the release dates (years) so it’s a very pleasant surprise as I’m really interested in all of these. Suddenly the “launch window” lineup looks much more interesting to me.

Also The Gunk has lots of potential imo.

1 Like

12 Minutes and The Acent are the two I’m extremely looking forward too, ever since I saw the 12 Minutes E3 trailer whenever it was, I was hooked. The Acent looks like a Cyberpunk Diablo so that instantly gets me excited haha.

1 Like

Your comment shows how bad Microsoft marketing is.

Stalker 2 could be very big, Microsoft should publish it.

Beside Halo, I feel like MS put the spotlight on The Medium and I can totally understand why. But as non-fan of horror/Silent Hill-esque games, it doesn’t do much for me.

And for some reason I thought games like Call of the Sea or The Ascent were 2021, so yeah I guess it’s a fail for MS as far as I’m concerned, but a pleasant surprise for me now :slight_smile:

Now a couple of 1P games in 2020 like Gear Tactics or Flight Sim (not holding my breath for this one) and that would make the launch window even better for me.

1 Like

The Falconeer, Call of the Sea, The Gunk, 12 Minutes looks great. Do we know which ones will show up on Xbox Game Pass?

1 Like

Call of The Sea will launch on GP but I don’t know about the rest.

1 Like

6 Likes

Nice, ty! So Call of the Sea and The Gunk at least then. Guess I’ll wait on the others!

1 Like

They need to show Medium, Scorn, and The Gunk running on the Series X. Basically, visually impressive games that can show the next gen leap. They also should focus on how some of their games will be upgraded for instance Horizon 4, Gears 5, Sea of thieves all running 4k/60 with visual enhancements.

I think a showcase, just a small show, focusing on these games would be good and their visual fidelity would be good.

1 Like