Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty |OT| R̶o̶m̶a̶n̶c̶e̶ Chaos Of The Three Kingdoms

Came back to fight Lu Bu today and won first attempt! Guess I just needed a break :smile:

Recorded it too! Onedrive link:

2023-03-07_5-09-13_PM-s3cj4kg0.mp4

He was a challenge though! Thank you for the battle, sir :saluting_face:

I did the stage after him now, the boss was a giant bull demon thing. It was the only boss so far besides the tutorial to have a phase 2, but it’s phase 2 died in one deathblow lol

Anyway I took more pictures. I decorated my helmet into this mask, seemed like the only option to be able to see my character’s silver hair flow. I am starting to like the mask though.

1 Like

Theyre different enough imo

Yeah deflecting attacks is the core of the combat but weapons and magic can do huge damage. Have you been leveling up your weapons? I fought the second lu bu fight and my weapons were doing huge damage. I also got invaded by someone and he cast ominous chill on me and one shot me with the spell. If your going to use magic you really need to be putting as many points into the element your using. Try experimenting a bit as it’s free to respec in the hidden village and your going to be able to unlock all the spells anyway just by playing the game

I’ve been upgrading the sword of chaos a lot and early on I upgraded the big weapon from the first boss. But I chip away from boss health so slowly. I have ten points in fire but yet my fire spell damage is so small. I didn’t put much into the water one, and metal could be more too. But I’m not sure that’s the cause.

Hidden village, I think I’m at that place now. Is that with the big tree branches you can walk on? I’d love to make a build that does good sword damage but also good magic. I just cannot seem to master deflecting, always off with the timing.

As for weapons I use a Ritual sword of Chaos (3 stars) that has attack power of 183, base attack 88. And I switch it up with the Great club of Polaris that has 204 attack power and 101 base attack.

As for magic…

I got Wood virtue on 9, Fire virtue on 10, Earth virtue on 9, Metal virtue on 5 and Water virtue on 1.

And the spells available to me.

So in hidden village an old man will appear in the house right where you can spawn in. He will give you the ability to respec as many times you want. Try just using a couple of categories to invest in and changing it according to either what the boss is weak to or what your weapons are strong with. If you look at any weapon it will have three different strengths which are the elements it scales with so the more you invest in that element the more damage you do. You can travel out of a level and change things around only to travel back to the spot you were at in the level

Finished the game last night and I enjoyed it. Found it easier than their previous games like the nioh series but also more approachable as you don’t have to keep farming the same mission to try and get the set you want like in nioh where one item may possibly drop so you needed up doing the same mission dozens of times. I also like that you can summon NPC’s most of the time though they all suck other then as a distraction. I did find it got way too easy towards the end if you have a good build as I think I died twice in the last five main missions and I was completely destroying bosses.

It’s now in the top 14 most played game in Xbox USA. Nicely done. Hope Koei sees it and think there’s a crowd for their games.

1 Like

It’s fine really, that difficulty peak is off the charts.

1 Like

This is some strange shit…

I bought 100 arrows, yet I only get 10. But it DID cost me money. How come?

The rest probably went into your storage, most overflow consumables go there if you have reached your inventory limit

Oh, I see. Storage? Where do I find this? Ten arrows is not a whole lot, does this increase later on?

unfortunately so far I have only been able to figure out how to access your storage from the blacksmith; as for the max you can have in your inventory I believe there are armor/weapon mods that can increase it as well as set bonuses.

I’m at the blacksmith now but I can only choose upgrade, embedment, decorate, salvage, sell and buy. I’m in the hidden village.

when you choose an option in the blacksmith you can hit X to swap between inventory and storehouse, select a item and select move to inventory; its incredibly clunky this way so i’m trying to see if there is a way to grab them either at a banner or in a battlefield without the blacksmith.

1000G’d the game. Chewed through it pretty quick as anyone following me in this thread could tell lol, again I found it pretty easy. Overall one of favorite day 1 GP games from a big publisher. Game isn’t as good as Nioh, it’s like a “lite” version of it I’d say, but I had fun with it and found it addicting. I basically stopped playing everything else I was playing to keep playing this.

3 Likes
1 Like

Finally beat the first boss. My god… I really like the game so far.

1 Like

I’m not a souls guy so Wo Long does nothing for me. Third party wise, the best for me this generation was A Plague Tale Requiem followed by Outriders and The Ascent, both of which I bought. Next great third party day one game for me will probably be Flintlock.

1 Like

Nah i think wo long trumps them all. But wo long is my jam. Loving this game.

2 Likes

I feel like I’m pretty close to the end, unfortunately I can’t wait till I get it over with, much like rand said the game is pretty much more of the same after a certain point. Plenty of shortcomings for me like pretty bad level design, at some levels you need to look up where every flag is unless you wanna be searching for them alone for 2 hours. It floods you with gear, 99% of which is useless, as someone else said you basically only do damage when you max out their spirit, normal attacks do close to nothing in comparison, very shallow story. But the worst one of all is again, very repetitive basically after the first boss, what you see and how the game feels at the very first boss is pretty much how the whole game will be.