Wo Long Fallen Dynasty Demo on Xbox Series S/X (Up now)

This.

My very first xbox game happend to be one of the most difficult and my fav of all time. Ninja Gaiden Black.

Team ninja have been making hard games before from were making games period.

Now they have borowed souls formula. But theyre more action driven. Why can only from make hard games? Did people play Ninja Gaiden on xbox? Thst game was insanely hard for its time. None of my friends could beat it . I couldnt best it for months. Until i got good and did and i will never forget my harship and experience with it.

Aside from the dodgy morale system which i hope gets tweaked this game has fair challenge. About par with Nioh 2 for difficulty

Yes these games are diffuclt. Thsts the design of them.

Clearly its not for everyone. I love these games. They are my crack. I embrace the difficulty. Demo was very challnenging but i beat it twice now and i cannot wait for this game. So much that im gona buy physical on xbox despite gamepass release

We missed out on Nioh for xbox. Those games were some of my fav games last gen. If they put nioh on xbox tomorrow im shelving everything to play them again.

Now having said all of that. I still want TN to make a pure character action game and Ninja Gaiden 4. I also want MS to fully fund that game so theres 0 chance of it skipping xbox.

2 Likes

If only nintendo listened to same feedback. That shit better not be back for Tears of Kingdom

Played the demo today, couple of my impressions:

1. The game looks great, but it controls a little lose particularly the camera.

2. jumping feels weird, specially because thereā€™s a double jump, butbis only useful for jumping up ledges.

3. the combat is pretty fluid, with the use of combos that end in a strong hit when pressing Y.

4. magic feels like it has some good thought put into it, as we get 4 slots for it, and special abilities.

5. parrying/reflecting attacks isnā€™t really too good as it feels like Iā€™m just holding lb and waiting to be attacked.

6. hoping that the bugs I encountered, a messagecsaying something went wrong appears often and a crash before I stopped playing, are fixed by release.

Overall, I liked what I played, I just hope adjustments to camera speed and acceleration can help with it how it feels.

Apparently not, NG & NG2 were pretty challenging even on Normal difficulties. And donā€™t get me started on how much more difficult NGB & NG2 are than all the Souls-like games combined on Master Ninja.

As much as I hate to say it the genre is probably dead (at least AAA wise) so donā€™t hold your hopes up for a new Ninja Gaiden anytime soon. If we are ever going to see a new DMC or a new Bayo (after Bayonetta 3 of course) will be miracle. :frowning:

TN wont do it alone. Thats why MS need to fund it. Give them an enourmous budget and make it exclusive.