Wo Long Fallen Dynasty Demo on Xbox Series S/X (Up now)

It’s definitely fun, but tough as nails too. These normal enemies don’t just stand around either. But it isn’t like Sekiro with the constant deflecting, which is a plus in my book. It might be Souls like but it’s so much faster than any Souls games I’ve played, again a plus.

Visually I find it rather underwhelming though. Playing in the prioritise fps mode and it’s just not all that great, lighting is so so too. I didn’t play Nioh 1 and 2,so no idea how much of an improvement it is. Also tried to use prioritise resolution which seems to keep the framerate unlocked but bogs down significantly in areas. Some strange visual bugs here and there too, but it’s a demo.

I think the world I’m looking for is that it looks like they applied a sharpening filter to it. Hope it improves.

1 Like

This is a demo so i wouldnt take notice too much of the oerformance but im guessing theyll try and get 60fps as close to 4k as possible for launch. The graphics are actually a bit better than nioh snd those games ran 4k60 on ps5.

Needs polish for sure. I dont care so much for res but locked 60 is essential for games like this.

1 Like

I quite like this but its just too hard for its own good. I’m getting pissed off with so many developers just trying to be the next Fromsoftware

1 Like

The developer during the KT stream had a button on his shirt with “defeated” on it. They are really out here basically bragging about how you will die a lot. I’m not a fan of that either, or maybe we just need to “git gud” lol.

Based on the demo I don’t know for how long I’ll play it.

1 Like

Um, Team Ninja was making difficult games even before From made that popular lol…

2 Likes

I hope they fix the controls for the game because I still feel having parry and dodge as the same button is just dumb.

I think I have to grind a bit more to beat the boss’ 2nd phase

I have Parry and Dodge on different buttons. For the boss second phase, I called reinforcements.

how do you call reinforcements? Also you can change parry button?

To me I have the parry button on LB and dodge on B. For the reinforcements, you have to go to a flag, and call them there.

1 Like

Never knew about that, so do they work similar to spirit ashes in elden ring?

I’ll for sure change parry button to block button. This should help a lot since I want to get that helmet for real game

1 Like

Basically, you can summon an NPC, but yes it is a bit like Spirit Ashes in Elden RIng.

1 Like

I’m not a fan of this ‘you will die a lot’ approach at all. I don’t find it fun to die a million odd times in a game. It’s such a shame to see Team Ninja go down the route of Fromsoftware.

At least put in a normal or easy mode for us mortals LOL

2 Likes

I thought this looked neat, but unless they have an easy mode for people who want to experience the world but not be overwhelmed by it, I can’t see myself bothering. I just don’t have time for games like that, especially with everything else that I want to play. It also is disappointing because they’re excluding people who might want to play but can’t handle the controls. By all means have the option there for the people who want to play that hard, but be accessible to people who can’t. There have been so many great examples of games offering very well thought out accessibility options lately, but difficulty is also part of this for many.

I quite agree. It be nice if there was an easy or normal mode for us mortals. I really don’t get it why you can’t The likes of Ninja Gaiden had difficulty modes and that was by no means an easy game and having a easier mode of play hardly killed Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order.

1 Like

They did it. They brought back the fun of Nioh 1!

I didn’t like Nioh 2 because the spirit animal and immediate boss fight turned me off, but this feels more like the first Nioh, which I loved.

They did this in Nioh and Nioh 2. This isn’t a new thing for them. However, the movement and magic are better.

Don’t charge in, do try to figure out how to parry (it’s pretty forgiving), and maybe try a polearm as soon as you get one.

I loved Nioh 1 and I still got insta-murdered at first with Wo Long. Once you find a rhythm, you’ll feel like a badass. It just takes some time and patience, I promise. I suck at video games, and I’ve bounced off Dark Souls and Elden Ring. Wo Long seems to have the right balance of speed, versatility, and forgiveness.

Also, make sure to stealth kill when you can, and if two guards are together, try to headshot one before fighting the other. Two-against-one is hard in this game (IMO).

You can always ask for easy mode on the survey, and they might do mechanic changes that could affect opinions as well.

Nioh 1’s first alpha had weapon durability that didn’t last very long. That was removed by the next beta.

2 Likes

I’d forgotten all about weapon durability. Man, that was frustrating.

No, you see having difficulty options somehow makes games worse for those who want to play on the hardest level. Or something… sense it makes not.

1 Like

I found Nioh fairer than Dark Souls, but it just got so brutal and too hard and it’s a shame as I loved the world and the different creatures and wanted to take it all in, but its too hard for me.

I wish both Team Ninja and From would put in a normal mode in, for those of us who aren’t gaming GODs. I was really shocked at how much I enjoyed the demo at the start, but then it just went brutal and I just can’t coupe with gameplay that hard, and its such a shame as I wanted to enjoy this title…

I

2 Likes