With WoW...does MS even care about FF14 anymore?

some of yall gotta stop viewing all games through console this console that imo.

8 Likes

I’m not for kumbaya honestly. XD

Not having access to FF14 since a decade is a bigger damage for Xbox than all the single player moneyhatted FFs.

If they’ll keep making cheap excuses, WoW is the perfect asset to counter them, ESO is multiplatform.

Combat and more is up for taste. From what I can tell most in the community like the story, music, combat, raids and the job system. You can play every class with one character and this feature is highly praised. The balancing of the classes is of a very high standard, too. As you expect there are meta comps and more optimal classes like in other MMO. But you can do every content with every class without to much issue, if you got the player skill.

The arguably most praised part of the game is the community and how the players aren’t as toxic as some other communities. You’ll find some idiots and I’ve had a couple of bad experiences, but generally speaking I’ve experienced worse in other games and more frequently.

I think story matters in this game, because unlike most MMO the story is really good. Some long time FF fans call it the best story, even compared to SP FF games and word of mouth convinced some of them to just play FF14 for the story. I’d say most play for the loot and combat, tbh. But the story matters and if a game like CoD would’ve a very good story and campaign more would play it.

The weakness of FF14 is the pvp, there is no doubt about that.

Cheap excuses? Microsoft was at fault for years of no FF14 until MS finally changed their stance.

Yeah, because there are not other MMOs on Xbox and FF14 is so different, come on. If there weren’t interviews about FF14 not on Xbox since 360 days, I’d believe you, but when something is dragged on for such a long time it’s clear somebody doesn’t want it to happen.

Xbox demanded cross play to be optional and Yoshida didn’t want to accept players having to pay a monthly fee for FF14 and then still needing gold. I could write an assay about the whole Xbox port story and Microsoft was undoubtedly to blame for a lot of it. Now the ball is in SE court and Yoshida openly said as much, when he admitted MS isn’t a problem anymore and when he talked about their own ressources and their focus on Endwalker for the time being.

1 Like

I don’t believe SE, they demonstrated multiple times they are not to be trusted. Also asking for preferential treatment is usual SE acting like a thug.

2 Likes

WoW has been on a decline for years and no amount of work from Microsoft is gonna fix that, so yes, they do still care. They could have FF14, ESO, WoW, Genshin, etc all on their plattforms wich would make them revenue and attract more players.

If someone is into MMO/service games and they dont care about Fallout,ESO or WoW, there’s no point on getting a PC with Windows or an Xbox… they can just go to PS. And thats not what Xbox wants, they want you on their ecosystem of plattforms, no matter if you actually spend tons of money on it or no, they just want you there… money will come.

Also, that said. I think Microsoft should sit with the WoW team and start working either on a full restart with new tech or straight up just do WoW 2. Game is way too old now and most of its gameplay and technology is too outdated. They need to modernize it with consoles and cloud in mind.

1 Like

Any game publisher that accepted a Sony bribe to keep a game off Xbox should not be trusted or have any meaningful business opportunity with Xbox.

Hopefully we get ff14. Wow is finished. Don’t care for it. Never did.

1 Like

First, they need to put it on Xbox.

Me - The Elder Scrolls Online enjoyer instead

1 Like

Ah so just give sony more exclusives then lmfao

1 Like

I’m sure they do, especially after they said it was coming.

It feels like every year since then they’ve acquired an MMO.

They said it years and years ago, on top of discussions about bringing the game ongoing since 360, it rings a bit hollow now, lol.

What’s with the “xbox has X now so it doesn’t need Y anymore” sentiment i keep seeing pop up on here? Having every game possible on Xbox is the ideal scenario.

8 Likes

Only rings hollow if you ignore their explanations. Even Spencer commented on some of the reasons. Will you tell me we shouldn’t trust Spencer either :sweat_smile:

FF14 was never planned for 360. The Xbox discussion came up later tbh.

Phil said “it’s coming”, I believe 3-4 years ago now. He doesn’t lie, SE does, it’s simple, if they wanted the game on Xbox, it would already is, it’s not like other MMOs took a decade to come.

I think if the wow team gets its mojo back and releases a fun expansion andit launches on xbox people will love it. The ptoblem with wow and anyone who plays it will know is how do you transition that game to a xbox controller? You can use so many keys on a pc for each ability and items and mounts etc. That would be the hardest part unless you make in mouse andk eyboard only or maybe make it work on controller somehow but also allow for mouse and keyboard

1 Like

Another thing to is wow has soooooo much content. Do you lease it as is and let new people just figure it out or maybe and I think this is not likly release diffrent versions of the game like vanilla then 6 months later bc then wrath etc until you get where you are at today