With all the IP's and franchises Microsoft owns I hope they NEVER do any licensed deals

They should definitely license IP if they want to reach as many people as possible with game pass.

Big licensed IP grabs the attention of casuals far more than say starfield will. It might not be as good as starfield turns out to be but you need the mainstream games to pull people in who then may check out starfield etc.

It doesn’t just have to be DC/Marvel/star wars.

The license I’d like to see used is inception

4 Likes

Developers either have creative freedom or they don’t. If a MS studio and the devs therein want to work on a licensed property I hope MS does everything within reason to facilitate that.

4 Likes

Jez sources are good, when he speculates…he never gets it right, he has very questionable takes.

I don’t think Inception is going to grab the attention of the casuals. It almost has to be a big name if you want it to be bigger than a non-licensed IP because that recognition is the whole point.

5 Likes

Man, if they recover that I will absolutely give my soul to Phil and/or xbox team.

https://youtu.be/tnxDVQ0evHs

IT.

IS.

OUR.

DESTINY.

2 Likes

was an era

The Transformers movies were never the same after Linkin Park stopped contributing songs to theme.

Battle Cry by Imagine Dragons was no “No Divide” or “What I’ve Done”.

3 Likes

on god bro

The movies may have been… not for everyone

But after an hour of CGI robots fighting, to have that Optimus Prime voice over followed immediately by the beat drop of a Linkin Park song was SOMETHING ELSE.

1 Like

damn that shit takin me back right now

The first one is absolutely fantastic, the rest…yeah.

JUST LOOK AT THIS SHIT.

https://youtu.be/glMsrAOctdU

I liked RotF too tbh

1 Like

It’s obviously just my opinion, but I feel like 90% of the licensed IPs that people clamor for here would have middling success at best because no matter how popular a movie series might have been that doesn’t necessarily translate to it being a big draw for a game.

If you’re going to pay out for a license, then it should be for a game that is going to be a blockbuster not a niche title. We’ll see in a few years, but Indiana Jones is one that I expect to not really perform that great regardless of how well the game is made.

1 Like

Oh right that one too! when Michael Bay had more uhmm, control of himself :sweat_smile:

1 Like

You won’t be saying that when High Moon announces Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye co-developed by Ninja Theory for Melee Combat, and Coalition for state of the art UE5 graphics.

1 Like

All the money and developer work hours that would be wasted on that when it could have went toward something good.

MS should try and buy IP from Konami or other unused IP. Renting IP is not sustainable.

1 Like