With all the IP's and franchises Microsoft owns I hope they NEVER do any licensed deals

And the game is fully funded by Epic, originally created by them. They dont spend millions on creating Batman games now do they?

What MS did with SOT and Pirates is the way forward. Its like you constantly miss the point of what i say.

I honestly do have the same feeling.

They don’t, but Sony did with Spiderman. The most sold game on the PS4 outselling COD, FIFA and GTA. Without a doubt a huge system seller and not comparable to the numbers insomniac games sold before Spiderman.

When it comes down to it, MS want the next COD, or Halo, or literally anything else then a license they will never own, and I see why. Cause you cant rely on another mans property to make you money.

3 Likes

The simple answer is they should have both. While COD is the biggest seller, plenty of casuals don’t play COD or fortnight. I know plenty of casuals play that hate COD but loved Spiderman so you need things like Batman and spider man to appeal those to sell your console or services

5 Likes

AHEM

Oh look at that… Transformers ABOVE Spider-Man.

3 Likes

Only because Transformers has superior toys and merch tbh :giphy:

WHICH WOULD GO GREAT.

New Toyline based on XGS Game = Mo Money for Everyone.

Shirts! Hats! Pogs! Glassware! All this can be yours on Hasbro Pulse and the Xbox Gear Shop.

2 Likes

Plus those 6 movies made insane money.

Transformers FoC has one of my favorite game trailers

I hope your wishes are granted, those games were quite good too

2 Likes

Ikr those were god tier

I agree 100% with OP. It just seems to be kneejerk reaction to Sony/PS having Spiderman/Wolverine exclusive. Screw that I want ORIGINAL IPs… To me licensed deals come off gimmicky.

A new Banjo in 2022 vs a licensed IP that everyone knows about and will do numbers for GP subs.

Sounds like an easy choice.

I personally think a good mix is necessary(original IP/remakes/licensed IP). I also think, as gamers, nostalgia tends to cloud our judgement lol. Have to think outside of the microcosm of gamers who post on msg boards/Reddit/etc. What might appeal to us may be lost upon the masses.

2 Likes

This is absolutely a thing when discussing these topics. Like a Star Craft 3rd person shooter vs Star Wars shouldnt be a hard choice.

3 Likes

Here to scare some mfs again by repeating “MS can and should try to do both”.

2 Likes

I just dont understand why people here think its either one thing or another. Why cant MS do both ? People here want MS to invest into Japanese games because there is an audience for that. Well what about the audience that wants Superhero games . Should they fuck off ?

3 Likes

liking superhero games is normie plebeian shit, xbox fanbase only prefers pure kino patrician fiction, don’t you know? smh

3 Likes

True. That’s why The Punisher from Coalition would be a good idea. 1) Punisher isn’t really a superhero 2) fitting genre and expertise 3) that reason

1 Like

needs to happen :fire:

Love it. Have them take their concept queues from Garth Ennis’ run on Punisher MAX and have Frank Castle be voiced by Jon Bernthal, and I’m all in. Hell, I’d probably buy it even if it was on Game Pass.

I don’t mind them trying the licensed IP game as long as it isn’t from an overexposed brand (Marvel and Star Wars). Machine Games’ Indiana Jones and High Moon Studios’ Transformers are good examples because IPs haven’t gotten that many big games so they actually feel fresh.

I do prefer original IPs overall and some game series like Overwatch and Starcraft are ripe for spinoff material in the future (especially if StarCraft 3 happens this generation). Right now, Xbox seems focused on building up their original IPs to create a strong brand like Sony has with their PlayStation series. Activision will likely follow suit with the only exception being Tony Hawk’s Pro-Skater.