With all the IP's and franchises Microsoft owns I hope they NEVER do any licensed deals

liking superhero games is normie plebeian shit, xbox fanbase only prefers pure kino patrician fiction, don’t you know? smh

3 Likes

True. That’s why The Punisher from Coalition would be a good idea. 1) Punisher isn’t really a superhero 2) fitting genre and expertise 3) that reason

1 Like

needs to happen :fire:

Love it. Have them take their concept queues from Garth Ennis’ run on Punisher MAX and have Frank Castle be voiced by Jon Bernthal, and I’m all in. Hell, I’d probably buy it even if it was on Game Pass.

I don’t mind them trying the licensed IP game as long as it isn’t from an overexposed brand (Marvel and Star Wars). Machine Games’ Indiana Jones and High Moon Studios’ Transformers are good examples because IPs haven’t gotten that many big games so they actually feel fresh.

I do prefer original IPs overall and some game series like Overwatch and Starcraft are ripe for spinoff material in the future (especially if StarCraft 3 happens this generation). Right now, Xbox seems focused on building up their original IPs to create a strong brand like Sony has with their PlayStation series. Activision will likely follow suit with the only exception being Tony Hawk’s Pro-Skater.