Will we ever get a game that captures the Sci-Fi magic of Mass Effect?

Even BioWare games can‘t compare to BioWare games. Mass Effect 1 creation of a universe was grand in scope and ambition, just compare the Citadel to later games in the series. And RPG mechanics got stripped down with much more linear progression, too. Let‘s not even start with the newer PS4/XBO games.

Bethesda can very much create universes with deep lore and many factions in this world. This is something I‘d love in a space SciFi game of grander scope.

2 Likes

Dont know where this notion comes from that Betjesda suddenly can’t make amazing games. Because of the experimental title that was Fallout 76.

Played 1, 2 and 3 back to back on the 360. Amazing times. Brought Andromeda and…yeah, barely got into it.

IMO, Bethesda hasn’t shown that they can create a game with great characters or a great story. Starfield may end up being a great game because of how interesting the universe is to explore and maybe even the gameplay, but I don’t expect it to resemble Mass Effect at all because they aren’t interested in making a story driven game in that vein.

You cannot be serious

Something new to keep an eye out on!

I love the book, will definitely keep an eye on this.

1 Like

From Phil Spencer:

So it looks like Starfield will now be a first party release. Let’s hope that can capture some of the same magic as Mass Effect 1!

oh I don’t know will we? :slight_smile: