Will Bethesda Games be Xbox Console Exclusive?

If Xbox wants to win, the time is now. If they let PlayStation build momentum and a library, it’s done.

PlayStation has big hitters announced already, games that everyone already loves and people will buy a PS5 for them.

Xbox needs to pull all those potential PS5 buyers now, this year is the turning point,.

6 Likes

Exactly.

Even though I doubt this myself, God of War and Horizon both could be actually releasing this year, this is while Xbox has Halo and…

That’s another reason Xbox should start being aggressive, because the other parties sure are too. Begin with Starfield and making it clear it’s a Xbox exclusive right from the bat. If they end up announcing it as multiplatform for whatever reason, such as not wanting to have all that hard work go to waste for example, dumb dumb dumb.

I can’t imagine that being the case.

If they put games other then mmo’s and prior commitments i will backlash. Because it would be a bonehead move.

Buying Bethesda and having the games be multiplat would be like Barcelona buying Messi but also let him play for Real Madrid. Why? What would be the point.

10 Likes

It makes no sense, because if they are going to out zenimax games on ps5 why not there other games too?

They are behind with first party, if they want to gain ground with console,cloud and pc they need to have exclusive games as an incentive. Publishing games on playstation hurts them more then it benefits them.

1 Like

They must be exclusive if not they deserve the shitstorm also imagine the effects it would have on the mindset of the other first party studios

6 Likes

I expect everything that’s not an MMO-type game to be exclusive.

1 Like

I think at this point everyone just want to make a bet on this topic.

If it comes as exclusive or case by case or comlete multiplat - how is it matter to anyone playing this on Xbox?

I could understand playstation only gamers discussing it.

Anyways, my bet is on case by case basis because its plane in sight :grinning:

As a gamer i want every player to have access to any game on any platform possible technically. For this i could ask Xbox to release there bethasda games on PS and ask sony to let Gamepass on playstation be a thing :grin:

Sadly, this would be the death of Xbox. PS would still pay for timed exclusives and xbox would be getting less games while giving them even more.

1 Like

There’s no reason to stop supporting PlayStation gamers who play The Elder Scrolls Online or Fallout 76 & the current timed exclusive deals will be honoured.

But apart from that? Xbox console exclusive all the way baby. I keep saying it but people can also play the games on PC & through Xcloud. All we’re talking about here is console & there’s absolutely no reason for MS to undercut their own hardware. None whatsoever.

Haha!

Xbox will survive fine with sharing there games on other platforms. 23 studios can produce enough titles to have enough revenue to make Xbox operationally relevant.

With 23 studios, Xbox is just not a gaming platform. They are a one of the biggest publishers as well.

It’s not about making Xbox operational, it’s about making gamepass a success that’s the whole reason it is getting the funding it has now.

You can’t use 7,5 billion and then use even more money to develop for others platforms while not giving your onw platform the edge it deserves with all it’s advanced hardware, it’s just pointless, just leave Bethesda to be bought by another one if that’s the case.

9 Likes

It really does not make sense to even make an argument that Bethesda games will land on non Xbox platforms. The only argument I have really seen is that Microsoft wants to be able to recoup the money quickly and putting their games on Playstation is the only way to do that.

This isn’t the case and completely ignores what Microsoft is aiming to do with this deal. By purchasing Zenimax, Xbox is securing a ton of valuable IP that they will have complete control of. Starfield, which is likely to release this year if you are listening closely, is going to be a massive game. Having exclusive rights to the first new IP from Bethesda in two decades is a big deal and Microsoft knows that this game in particular is going to be massive. They’re going to want to keep this game in particular exclusive and will have a MASSIVE marketing push saying that this game is an Xbox exclusive game and is available for “free” via GamePass.

All of the other Bethesda games will eventually be exclusive as well. There will be exceptions, like Fallout 76 and ESO. You can persuade me that Wolfenstein 3 will be Multiplatform so Playstation only fans will be able to finish the trilogy. Other than a few exceptions though, expect Microsoft to lock these games up. You do not spend 7.5 Billion Dollars to give away these games to your direct competitor. Netflix isn’t spending Billions on unique content to release on Hulu. Disney isn’t spending millions upon millions on WandaVision to then give that show to Netflix.

6 Likes

It bothers me because theres no way sony would put there owned exclusives on xbox and xbox is my preferred system to play.

If xbox games come to playstation whats the point in me owning an xbox. gamepass is fantastic but exclusivity definitely effects my purchases if nearly all games came to playstation I could be pretty happy just owning a ps5

2 Likes

Yep, and that’ll be how most people will treat Xbox if it goes multiplat.

1 Like

The entire argument that these games will end up Multiplatform is even more flawed because absolutely no one even made the attempt to argue that Ninja Theory, Obsidian, The Initiative, etc would make games for non Xbox platforms.

For some reason this Bethesda deal has completely mystified some people and they just cannot believe that The Elder Scrolls 6 will be an Xbox exclusive. It’s going to happen, it’s going to suck for people who only play PS5. That is why Microsoft did it.

6 Likes

Didn’t everybody already agree, long ago, that exclusives sell systems anyway?

Seriously, don’t I remember reading this one simple fact, repeated over & over again on gaming forums for years upon years now? Exclusives sell systems. It’s why Nintendo succeed, great exclusive software. It’s why PlayStation succeeds, those must play exclusives.

Suddenly it’s different now Xbox are building a hugely impressive stable of first party development studios? Now exclusives are different? Now they should share their exclusives & people should be able to play the games on different platforms?

Why? What gives? Oh wait, I know what’s different :laughing:

8 Likes

I truly believe that no one ever believed Microsoft would actually ever go all in on gaming. Even during the 360 years Microsoft was just happy to have extra money they didn’t consider Xbox a core staple of their business. Now we are finally seeing Microsoft consider Xbox one of the core pillars of their business. Meaning we are going to see a level of commitment and investment basically never before seen. And it clearly worries a lot of people who do not like Xbox for whatever reason.

10 Likes

People didn’t give it much thought when they mocked MS for an entire generation about “no games”. The answer came, the answer hurts.

2 Likes

I want to choose the option that it will be exclusive, but after Xbox Gold debacle I just cannot be sure if MS really understands what gamers want…

I think MMOs that exist already will stay on Playstation but new ones…Like for Starfield MMO - if it happens - should become exclusive. I mean, FF14 is not coming to Xbox and everybody is ok with that, so they will be fine without other consoles.

Playstation outselling Xbox almost 2.5:1 is what haunting Xbox. Playstation userbase was so much bigger, that publishers did not even think about ignoring it. Xbox has a lot of to prove this time.

On the hand, good signs, is that if we look at Sony’s moneyhats - aside Square and Zenimax - not much games has really mind blowing exclusivity. And SE and Zenimax cases are understandable.