Why should I invest in Xbox this Generation?

I think it’s really easy at this point. Do you want an Xbox? Yes, then buy one. If not then don’t buy one. I have seen so many people posting and saying give me a reason to buy an Xbox, There is nothing to make me buy one, You haven’t convinced me to get one, and ect ect. I have the same response. Why do they need to make you buy one? You either like Xbox and you want one or you don’t. It does’t matter if the games are on PC as well, you either want one or you don’t no need to convince anyone or lock games behind console paywalls. Forcing someone to buy a console to play your game is going to be a thing of the past. Buy what you want play what you want.

It’s tricky because the most popular games usually tend to be multiplayer games. However quality single player games usually sell well, which is evident with Ubisoft, Bethedsa, PlayStation first party, etc. I do feel multiplayer market won’t go away or dwindle since many enjoy social experience and many are willing to spend on microtransactions. I think Microsoft just needs to find a balance of quality MP and single player, and seems to be heading that way with the studios they’ve acquired

For me owning all the consoles and always do but I find the Xbox eco system so much better to use. The online is better than the PSN by far. The chat functions is laggy on PSN etc. My friends are 90% Xbox so I game mainly on that. But its what you want out of it. Both systems are capable as smart tv’s for Netflix etc. And as we go int the new gen the difference of third party games is going to be very obvious. I hated the XB1 720p version fo BF4 but loved the PS4 1080p version the fidelity was so much better online. I love PUBG and even though my PC at Ultra smokes the consoles the XB1X version is so much better to play on than the Pro. However I am interested in the PS5 pad more than the console at the moment. If they can innovate what it is capable of that could be a game changer for me .

It’s a mistake to assume that all PS4 owners buy all the ‘hits’. Portions of the player base buy God of War, Uncharted 4, TLOU, Spiderman, Ghosts, HZD with some overlap. That explains the 110 million PS4 unit sold w/o any of those games selling past 20 million units.

Not every single 3rd person narrative game Sony puts out is going to appeal to every PS4 user. I can imagine some not liking the violence of God of War, but liking Spiderman and Ratchet & Clank. The point being Sony provides more than enough coverage for all tastes, but 3rd person narrative games.

It will be interesting to see the differences. My wife actually prefers navigating the 1S for movies and Netflix, etc as opposed to the PS4. The audio chip in the 1S is very much superior to the audio in the PS4. From time to time I enjoy GP. And the BC means that I can play all the good 360 games, hopefully even nicer with SX. But ultimately it is their job to sell the customer, and only the OP knows if it will work for him or not. I will miss out on some of Sony’s truly great first parties this time, but it’s the non-gaming features and improvements that made me choose the SX. And yes, most of my games were Sony first party. I don’t have time for more than one console anymore, so MS gets my money.

And the PS5 is just too ugly for me. MS knows how to build better hardware since the 1X

2 Likes

Its interesting I just mainly play online games these days. I know TLOU2 and GHOSTS OT should of been played but I DONT have the attention span anymore to get into a campaign. I want to pick a pad up and play an hour of online here and there through the day and go about my day. I play alot of FIFA Pro clubs, PUBG, GTA5O, Warzone they all offer what I want out of gaming for now. And with the SX being more powerful it will be my choice fro most of the online experiences next gen,

• Gamepass is the best value in entertainment

• The most powerful hardware will guarantee that you always get the best version of multiplatform games

• The promise of better games coming from Xbox internal developers and partners. Ori, Gears Tactics, Wasteland 3, Minecraft Dungeons, Battletoads and the best reviewed game of the year, Flight Simulator, are proof that the promise is being fulfilled. We are getting reviews for Tell Me Why and that looks promising as well.