Why do some people still consider Sony to be the "Market leader"?

Pretty much this.

What I am talking about here is that these games don’t count towards the narrative of what is important to gaming in general. They are “dudebro” or “casual” and their importance is glossed over during discussions. Those games all outsell console exclusives and are what the majority of people are buying consoles for. Yet Sony supposedly leads because of 1st party and niche JRPGS. The reality is their position has a lot to do with them leading in these casual games it’s just that no one wants to admit that because they are available other places.

Because people can (and will) spin anything to work in their favour when it suits

6 Likes

Xbox is rising! They are the leaders in gaming! The market leader title is up for debate

Well, ps4 was the market leader, and despite bound to happen switch haven’t passed out yet. That’s the metric we used until very recently.

I do find it hard for them to get into that position again for the foreseeable future, and Xcloud skews things even more, because with so many people using the same hardware and the difference in sales between ps5 and series being essentially what Ms reporpused to Xcloud it’s very very very likely that they’re are way more people using Sx/SS than ps5 at this point

This console shortage will continue for another 2-3 years at least. I guarantee Xbox and PS5 sales remain even while the shortage exists.

Therefore it’s crazy to me that it will be the year 2025 and Xbox Series X and PS5 will be tied in console sales. Then there will still be certain members here who will say that the tie doesn’t count because the PS4.

Make it make sense.

For me, various factions can use what ever methodology they want to to keep calling Sony the Market Leader so long as Xbox first party balls out and almost all of the third party RPGs are on the console.(there will be some moneyhats)

If Xbox is flourishing, then it’s all good.

I dunno, I’ve seen stock of Series X without AllAccess contract at Sams Club and Walmart for the past week. I’ll be a real sign if they manage to keep the orders going for a month.

Regarding shortages… I think Xbox might be in this odd place where there is a lower willingness to pay scalper prices for the Xbox vs the PS5, but the demand is still similar. The Series S, Cloud, cross-gen marketing, cross platform availability, and the general narrative that PS5 has or will have more exclusives is allowing for more patience on the Xbox side and thus making the console less attractive/profitable for scalpers. It is allowing for more availability for the Xbox to get into real user’s hands it feels like.

The Series S is making it harder for people to scalp the Series X.

1 Like

I think with every AAA game that releases any consoles on the shelf will move. Elden Ring was a good example of that when people just want any console that will play the game. If Xbox and third parties are able to keep releasing high profile games every month then yeah demand will outstrip supply. Worst case is that they sit for a small window until something like Starfield or Forza Horizon DLC1&2. But don’t underestimate just your run of the mill AAA multiplat to move consoles either. There is always the bundle/ limited edition card to play as well. A Star Wars themed Xbox for Lego Star Wars, a Sonic themed console bundle anything would contribute to these consoles being sold out until 2025 in my opinion.

I know one metric they are absolutely the market leader in

T’shirt sales

The amount of dudes you see wearing regular black PS shirts always astounds me. Like “hey, I’m cool too…right guys?”

1 Like

You mean the Uniform? Yeah…

I disagree. Nintendo has the most tshirts and it’s not even close.

2 Likes

Oh you can’t even give Sony that one?

Xbot :wink:

Also, you’re wrong. You may see more Nintendo shirts and hats on gaming youtubers, trying prove there…purity, I guess. But among the rest there, or social media in general, or just people IRL there are way more of these

1 Like

The NES controller shirt, Mario shirts are cooler because they are retro and nostalgic. Nintendo has more popular ip than PlayStation. I’d bet a million dollars there are more Nintendo shirts than PlayStation shirts.

image image

[quote=“GamepadX, post:75, topic:11370”]

The NES controller shirt, Mario shirts are cooler because they are retro and nostalgic. Nintendo has more popular ip than PlayStation. I’d bet a million dollars there are more Nintendo shirts than PlayStation shirts.

image image

Your argument is they’re cooler? I think your bias is showing

You’re on

Easy money. I’m actually surprised anyone doubts the popularity of NES nostalgia over PlayStation nostalgia. NES nostalgia is way bigger. Just think of how the NES and SNES classic sold like hotcakes and the PlayStation classic was discounted in fire sales.

1 Like

Yea i have the SNES classic hell i hacked it and added super mario all stars and spiderman maximum carnage

Other guys on the forum. Not you Gamepadx

Whether online, or when you’re out and about, what t shirt have you seen more of?

image image

Surprised no one has posted “My little Pony” t-shirts…

1 Like