Which new AAA studio should Xbox do a partnership with?

You may be thinking of another studio. M-Two is pretty new studio made up of former Capcom and Platinum Games devs. Supposedly it was called "M-Two because it’s founder a Capcom vet Tetsuya Minami wanted Shinji Mikami to join the team but he decided instead to stay on with Tango.

2 Likes

Bonefire studios.

Former Respawn, Santa Monica, DICE, and Blizzard High level veterans working on their first game. Go get ‘‘em Phil

1 Like

Yes, but Callisto protocol is a promising. I’m very excited for this game :nerd_face:

1 Like

Ah thanks - found them now. Very interesting indeed, could be a fantastic addition plus Tetsuya could work with Tango :wink:

2 Likes

I just read something kind of disturbing. The studio only opened in 2019, they announced the game in 2020, and are going to release the game in 2022 apparently. I hope Krafton gives them more time.

for me the art design should be a pleasure to the eye and a feeling of isolation with the difficulty of shooting like Dead Space game , I will be completely satisfied

I saw this take on my Twitter feed on why Japanese exclusives could be a lower priority for MS

https://twitter.com/KoreaXboxnews/status/1491237158602305541

Basically saying MS is very focused on live service/continuous updated games but most Japanese games (especially JRPGs) are one and dones that usually don’t receive updates or substantial DLC.

2 Likes

True… but there are exceptions: Monster Hunter, Final Fantasy & Pokémon.

Perhaps MS could get Digimon or another similar IP?

Ideally they need Blizzard to work on a new MOBA to compete with LoL.

you mean XGSP ? yeah i know most of if not all their projects right now have some GAAS/online elements in it, i hope this is not case. you don’t have 1P Studios to feed these type of games(JP Games) to GP. at this rate whole gen will pass without any GP Exclusive Content

Yeah the tweet was talking about acquisitions but I think it can apply to XGSP games too. If XGS publishes a JRPG and it’s like all other JRPGs where there is basically no post game roadmap updates then it’s an outlier in XGS’s portfolio. JRPG development is more like finishing the development of the game and then moving on to develop the next game instead of long term supporting the current release. I hope this being the reason we don’t see XGSP JP stuff isn’t the case either.

1 Like

With former developers not working with Stadia and Google anymore, MS should work with Francois Pelland and Yu Suzuki. They both were going to makes games for Stadia, so MS should partner up with them, to help them finish those games and bring them out to PC and Xbox Series X/S.

Another one that could work is Cloud Imperium Games and maybe Chris Roberts so Xbox can get Star Citizen and Squadron 42, too.

Also even though they might not be AAA working with Dylan Cuthbert and Q Games, plus Jenova Chen and ThatGameCompany. Sony doesn’t work with those companies anymore and it might be smart if MS did.

1 Like

Snooping around on some of the websites of the studios you mentioned I came across some of this

Inflexion Games - Working on a shared world survival crafting experience titled “Nightingale”

Frost Giant Studios - Looks like they’re working on a RTS for PC only. Most of their lead staff worked on StarCraft II

Dreamhaven - Looks like they have multiple studios one called “Moonshot Games” and the other “Secret Door”

Gunzilla Games - Haven’t shared any info on what they’re working on.

Nesting Games - Creates “Single Player RPG Experiences based on fully original IP”

Ascendant Studios - Currently working on a AAA title set in an original IP

Yellow Brick Games - Small “highly skilled” team, Looks like they’re making a new IP.

Mountaintop Studios - Only thing I could find is “Games with 10,000 Hours of Depth”. Maybe a GaaS title?

Cloud Chamber - Looks like they’re owned by 2K

Gravity Well - Creating a AAA original IP, already partnered with a “large Western publisher” which some people believe could be Sony.

Striking Distance Studios - Looks like they’re already owned or partnering with PUBG.

Liquid Swords - Working on a “Single player, action RPG”. Open world, violent action, gritty complex tales.

Eyes Out - Looks like Epic is already publishing their game.

2 Likes

BlueBox Studios

Maybe of Sony doesn’t want to return to this IP, xbox could fund a spiritual successor. Pretty much the only first party Sony IP i am into aside from Bloodborne.

4 Likes

I definitely would be down for a Gravity Rush spiritual successor. So l would welcome tgis partnership.

2 Likes

Sorry to bump this topic, but with Ikumi Nakamura just making her new company Unseen, it would be smart to work with her.

It also would be wise to team up with Peter Hu and Phil Shenk, at Moon Beast Productions, too.

4 Likes

idk why everyone hypes up Ikumi other than being an internet sensation because of her stage presence. She has been a lead artist/concept artist for a few games… and her new studio was announced, but nothing to show or tease in regards to what exactly she’s been cooking up. Like I get Mikami must have liked her to take her under his wing, but it’s not like a Hideo Kojima schism and formation. I’m not sure what’s so compelling to have to jump on the opportunity.

3 Likes

Yeah, I don’t see what Ikumi brings to the table outside of PR and maybe expertise in art direction.

From Software for sure. I would also add Ubisoft (Splinter Cell) and Team Ninja (Ninja Gaiden Reboot).

4 Likes