Which game do you want to see most during the Xbox Games Showcase?

I hope they take their time. The core of State of Decay is so good. Polishing and improving it will be key.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m hoping they can pull it off. Aren’t they using Unreal instead of their own engine this time? Maybe that can help with the jankyness. Also, considering what happened with Redfall, I think they’ll be given all the time they need to make it as good as possible. :smile:

There’s so many to choose from! My heart wants to say Avowed (State of Decay being 3rd on my list) but i’m actually leaning towards Perfect Dark. The first one was pretty innovative and while im’ not expecting this one to have the same impact, I would love it if they do come up with something that does stand out from the rest of the competition and maybe brings back some of the features the original had that aren’t seen in a lot of games today - things like the mission objectives increasing depending on the difficulty you’re playing on. And with Joanna Dark, I think Microsoft have a good chance of another “mascot” for the brand/console if they market the game properly.

I believe SoD 2 is running on UE4

1 Like

State of Decay 3. SoD 2 was very good, especially after it got the 60fps patch. Now I’m excited to see what UL can do with full support from Xbox.

After completing my first game from them (Wasteland 3) and being blown away by their world-building, looking forward to whatever inXile are working on.

It is, they switched from crytek engine used for SOD 1 (I loved that game). Then went backwards with the sequal while learning unreal, it launched in a terrible state.

Fast forward to now, it is amazing. I believe the new update is especially great.

1 Like

Contraband.

This title has me really intrigued and i hope theres gameplay.

Unannounced

Id. Hopefully its quake 4, in any case if they show gameplay of something it should be graphically insane

1 Like

Went with Perfect Dark, knowing the caliber of Crystal Dynamics I have high expectations for this title and Joanna Dark has been away for far too long! Plus I wanna see if the Initiative’s vision is worthy of the Perfect Dark name. Also, first AAAA game on Xbox lol

As for game yet to be revealed, while I do enjoy big AAA titles and would really like to know what local studio Compulsion Games is doing, there is always something special about Double Fine games that no other studio can match and so I voted for them as my second vote. I really wonder if what they are making is on the scale of Psychonauts 2 or if they are making several smaller titles?

Glad that Avowed is winning the poll. I played Skyrim for the first time in 2020. It was a great time, but it made me really want a modern new-gen take on it.

Besides Avowed and Gears 6, I want to see Indiana Jones. While I’m sure I would still enjoy it if it were derivative, I hope that it isn’t just an Uncharted/Tomb-Raider clone. Indiana shouldn’t be killing legions of people. He should be using his whip and fists way more than his pistol. Speaking of his whip, I kinda want to see it using for interesting platforming. That Phantom Abyss game had some really cool whip-based platforming.

Don’t forget his wits! I hope there’s good puzzles and interesting mysteries to unravel, this should not only be a dumb action game imho.

2 Likes

I watched a play-through of the point-and-click classic Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (on the Minnmax channel), and it allowed the player to pick three different paths: the Team Path (Indy has a partner during his journey), the Wits Path (more complex puzzles), and the Fists Path (Indy punches his way past all of the Nazis). Only one path is about combat which fits for Indy. It would be cool if this new game has multiple solutions to every problem.

2 Likes

Yeah that would be great!

1 Like

Tough question - and honestly a 4 way tie for me for which I’m most excited to see of these. Avowed, Fable, Perfect Dark & The Outer Worlds all are really high up on my list. Also will definitely be interested in Indiana Jones, Age of Mythology & Ara, and Everwild depending what it is. So… I think I should be pretty happy with whatever they show off :slight_smile:

And we all know they’re saving Crackdown 4 for the end of the show :fuelpump: :up: :boom:

3 Likes

I think Outer Worlds 2 is alot closer than people are expecting. It started dev before TOW2 even came out.

I’d love to see ZOS’s new game. But Avowed is 100% my most anticipated game

1 Like

I’m probably going to be playing Avowed and Fable over Perfect Dark, but I kinda want to see what they’ve cooked up for PD since it has the biggest shoes to fill IMO.

Definitely want to see what InExile has been working on.

Thanks everyone for voting!

3 Likes

I really hope that the gaming community is not comparing Avowed to Skyrim just because it’s a first person RPG because TES and Pillars are not really comparable games.

Bethesda games are always their own thing. Honestly there is not a single game which is similar to Skyrim, Oblivion or Morrowind.

1 Like

I’m not a Bethesda super fan (again it took 9 years for me to get around to playing Skyrim), so my questions below are genuine.

You don’t think Obsidian’s Avowed will be heavily influenced by Skyrim? Obsidian did Fallout New Vegas. Isn’t their new IP The Outer Worlds is very much inspired by Fallout? Doesn’t that Avowed trailer with the first-person perspective inside a dungeon with a spell equiped on one hand and a sword on the other hand scream Skyrim to you? Idk Avowed very much seems like Obsidian’s take on Skyrim, but again I’m not some huge TES, Pillars, Fallout, etc. fan who played all these games.

2 Likes

Bethesda formula are slightly different than regular first person RPGs. You will always find some elements of Skyrim. I don’t expect something like infinite radiant quests or that you can skill everything to max.

Playing The Outer Worlds twice I would say it was just for marketing. The original creator of Fallout was involved, but it doesn’t really feel like Fallout. It has some elements but definitely feels like its own thing.

And Josh Sawyer, the director of New Vegas, was iirc not involved in Outer Worlds.

Like I previously wrote I played both Pillars and TES. That’s why I’m expecting Pillars of Eternity in first person with a lot more role play elements like influence on companion and the world or restriction in your skill build.

Bethesda games will always be their own thing. I’ve played so many RPGs and there is not a single game which feels like Bethesda.

4 Likes

The real answer is:

Do I expect to see it though, no :frowning:

5 Likes