Which announced games are you looking forward to the most? (A Top 10)

(Image by Klobrille)

Welcome to the XboxEra Community website, or XEC. To get things started I’m interested to know from everyone what their top 10 most anticipated games are. Those don’t need to come to Xbox. They just have to be announced titles.

I thought it would be cool to do this in a top 10 format.

1 Like

I’ll start.

1. Age of Empires 4 - no surprise I guess, I’m really looking forward to see if World’s Edge and Relic are able to bring the real time strategy genre to a next level
  2. Diablo 4 - I liked Diablo 3. I’m up for a new one, after Minecraft Dungeons has given me that itch again
  3. Everwild - we don’t really know what the game is gonna be like, but as long as it’s not a deep RPG I’m in. What a beautiful world Rare has crafted.
  4. Crusader Kings III - coming to Game Pass for PC, I love these kind of games. Problem is I don’t have nearly enough time for those
  5. Kerbal Space Program 2 - despite what happened with the studio… I really look forward to see a ‘next-gen’ Kerbal.
  6. Psychonauts 2 - A trippy platformer, I’m in.
  7. Humankind - a fresh take on the Civilization genre, excited for this one.
  8. Empire of Sin - looked really cool, want to learn more
  9. Tell Me Why - I liked Life is Strange, so looking forward to these three episodes
  10. Star Wars Squadrons - besides looking like a smaller title, the gameplay looked fun. Highlight of the EA show for me
3 Likes
  1. Halo Infinite
  2. Fable
  3. Cyberpunk 2077
  4. Avowed
  5. Hellblade 2
  6. State of Decay 3
  7. Everwild
  8. Watch Dogs Legion
  9. Demon Souls
  10. Horizon Forbidden West
2 Likes
  1. Avowed
  2. Fable
  3. Hellblade 2
  4. Psychonauts 2
  5. MSFS
  6. Everwild
  7. Cyberpunk 2077
  8. Halo Infinite
  9. Starfield
  10. Elder Scrolls 6

Runner Ups: BOTW 2, Forza Motorsport, Returnal, Tell Me Why, Destruction All-Stars, Sackboy: A Big Adventure, State of Decay 3, As Dusk Falls, Demon’s Souls, Star Wars Squadrons.

Unannounced games that would make the list (and their positions):

Forza Horizon 5 (1st place overtaking Avowed.) InXile’s RPG (8th place overtaking Halo) Initiative’s Game (9th place on paper, 2nd place if Perfect Dark). Fire Emblem 17: (1st place, even over FH5. My favorite series in history and it is finally in good hands again)

Also, Starfield and Elder Scrolls are on by a technicality. They have shown less than nothing, even in terms of tone, but Bethesda played an important part in my life. To date, I have never sunk more time into a single game than I have the 500+ hours across many versions of Skyrim. Their flaws are apparent, their engine is held together by ducttape, but they made me the gamer I am today.

Game Pass has changed the way I look forward to games. Games that look weird or interesting suddenly are games I want to play the most even though I probably would not have bought them day 1 previously. Like Everwild or Medium would have no business being on a most anticipated game list.

1. Halo Infinite
  2. Cyberpunk
  3. Elden Ring
  4. Avowed
  5. Fable
  6. Psychonauts 2
  7. Everwild
  8. Medium
  9. Wasteland 3
  10. Stalker 2
  1. Cyberpunk 2077 - Witcher 3 is one of my favorite games this gen and everything we’ve seen of 2077 so far looks amazing. I don’t need to see more, I just need to get my hands on it.

2. Halo Infinite - As a long time Halo fan, I’m rooting for 343i to hit this one out of the park. This is the closest Halo has looked like “classic Halo” since 343i took over and I couldn’t be happier. The demo took clear inspiration from the Halo level in CE and that’s still one of my favorite levels in a Halo campaign. However the recent reveal and new info released yesterday has raised many concerns. I really think the game should be delayed and I worry that they aren’t going to make that call. Refusing to confirm the game will be feature complete, news of adding features like ray tracing post launch, the complete lack of any console footage, and the confirmation that the show build was only a few weeks old tells me that they are cutting it too close to launch. Can’t wait to see more but I get the sense that they are making mistakes again that could be easily avoided.

3. Hellblade 2 - the first game was such an awesome experience, I ended up triple dipping on the game. With a proper budget, I’m eager to see where they take the franchise. I’m hoping for a deeper combat system, a longer campaign, but with the same personal touch to the story.

4. Fable - Even though the series has never lived up the lofty expectations set up by Peter Molyneux but they were still excellent games in the end. With the right amount of support and talent, this game has a great chance of matching up to their other major IPs like Halo, Gears, and Forza. Thankfully with Playground Games working on the game, the quality is almost guaranteed to be extremely high.

5. State of Decay 3 - Even though SoD1 was rough around the edges and SoD2 launched in a very rocky state, I have been a huge fan of the series. Their take on the zombie apocalypses theme was a good shot to the arm that the genre needed IMO. Even though the reveal trailer didn’t really show us much, I’m eager to see how the series evolves now that they have the full backing of Microsoft.

6. Avowed - Even though I know nothing of the Pillar’s universe, the trailer gave gamers a reason to pay attention. We already saw how Obsidian can beat Bethesda at their own game with Fallout New Vegas and Outer Worlds even though those two games were limited in budget and resources compared to what Bethesda see with their titles. It’ll be interesting and exciting to see what the studio can do with a proper budget and support.

7. Spider-Man: Miles Morales - Even though Spider-Man on the PS4 didn’t break any ground with world design or gameplay, it was still some of the most fun I’ve had in an open world game this generation. Granted, I’m a comic book nerd and surely that played into the fun I was having, that doesn’t change the fact that it was a quality title from Insomniac. So with the reveal that Miles Morales is the protagonist in this expansion has me excited to be swinging through the streets again.

8. Horizon Forbidden West - I was a huge fan of the first game. The story doesn’t really get rolling until about half way through the campaign but once it hits, it’s a great story. It’ll be interesting to see where they take the sequel. So far it looks gorgeous but I don’t think anyone is expecting anything less from Guerrilla Games. My hope is that they take advantage of the PS5 to expand the gameplay beyond what we saw in the first game.

9. Demon Souls - Even though I purchased the game on the PS3, I didn’t get much of a chance to play. So I’m excited to play it again on the PS5 in a much more polished state. I’m curious to see how the game holds up compared to From Software’s recent releases.

10. Forza Motorsports - I’m not the biggest racing gamer but I still need to have a premiere racer on my systems when I want to take a few laps around the track. While GT7 looked impressive, it seemed to be more of a next gen port of GT Sport with ray tracing added. From what little we’ve seen of Forza, that looks to be a bigger leap IMO. Turn 10 has been teasing some exciting features, I just hope turning the game into a “platform” doesn’t hurt the game in the end. As with most of the Xbox games, I’m eager to see more.

4 Likes

First of all, hello everyone!

my list is short, as I have to focus:

1. Cyperpunk 2077
  2. Halo Infinite
  3. The Medium

There were so many games announced I already forgot all their names!

4 Likes

Focus is boring, Mr Colbert. :wink: Welcome!

I am boring :wink:

1. Halo Infinite
  2. AOE4
  3. Iron Harvest
  4. HB2

I don’t have full top 10. I’ll add PD when that gets announced.

3 Likes
  1. Halo Infinite
  2. Ratchet and Clank
  3. Metroid Prime 4
  4. Tunic
  5. Breath of the Wild 2
  6. Kena
  7. Cyberpunk
  8. Last of Us 2 PS5
  9. Hellblade 2
  10. Bright Memory Infinite
  • Avowed
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Hellblade 2
1 Like
  1. Cyberpunk 2077
  2. Watch Dogs Legion
  3. Spiderman: Miles Morales
  4. Hitman 3
  5. Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2
  6. Forza Motorsport
  7. Halo Infinite
  8. Tetris Effect Xbox
  9. Dragon Quest 11 Xbox
  10. Gran Turismo 7

I’m usually more hyped for games that are coming sooner, than ones that are years away. I am looking forward to games like Everwild, Avowed, Fable, Starfield, Horizon 2, etc, but I cant get hyped because who knows when they will actually be out.

edit: And,Tetris Effect and Dragon Quest are two games I always wanted to play, but didn’t want to risk the purchase. Game Pass totally circumvents that.

1 Like
  1. Final Fantasy 7 Remake Part 2
  2. Halo Infinite
  3. Ratchet and Clank
  4. Cyberpunk 2077
  5. The Medium
  6. Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
  7. Tell Me Why
  8. Horizon Forbidden West
  9. Psychonauts 2
  10. Avowed

So those are not set in stone at all. A lot of that could change and there are a lot of games I didn’t list because I just know nothing about them, like Everwild. We don’t know anything about Avowed, but I know the world it’s set in and what to semi-expect.

edit: Forgot about The Medium, one of my most hyped games this year. No idea how I forgot about it!

1. Halo Infinite
  2. Fable
  3. Cyberpunk 2077
  4. The Artful Escape
  5. Psychonauts 2
  6. Forza Motorsport
  7. Avowed
  8. Stalker 2
  9. Tell Me Why
  10. 12 Minutes

This is always hard for me, because there are many games I’m looking forward to, but without much thinking:

1. Everwild
  2. Halo Infinite
  3. Dragon Quest XI S
  4. Kena: Bridge of Spirits
  5. Little Devil Inside
  6. Cyberpunk 2077
  7. Battletoads
  8. Tunic
  9. Sable
  10. Last Night
  11. The Artful Escape

But there are many more, like The Medium, Everspace 2, Balan Wonderworld, Tales of Arise, Lake, PSO 2 (if it comes to Europe), Remedy’s Crossfire X campaign, and so on. More distant games like Fable will undoubtedly move up as more is revealed, and there are also two games that I Kickstarted - Glitched, and Re:Legend - that should finally be coming out soon.

1 Like

Damnit I forgot about The Medium when I made my list! Time to edit.

To be fair I could do a top 40 and still miss a few out.

2 Likes

You can remember a list of 40 new games out of your head? Amazing!

Give or take a few, probably pretty easily.