Where does Xbox need to improve? | Let's be constructive about it

I’m not sure what this is supposed to mean

I would be curious to see Forza Horizon leaderboard number without Game Pass. But again, engament numbers will be big in Game Pass (and actually why Microsoft is always pushing them and moved away from sales). Forza Horizon is a popular franchise of course and it is incredible how it popular it has become.

You’d like to see how the game did without being a part of the main thing on the platform? Why? It would be far lower, because their entire push now is Game Pass.

One thing I would like to complain about is something fairly stupid.

Barely nobody congratulated Playground and 343 during the launch of FH5 and HI.

Every single studio in PS + 3rd parties congratulated Guerrila today on HFW, but I think only inXile did any kind of congratulations on FH launching.

:sob:

Keep moving the goalposts untill you’re out of green bruh, this is really getting pathetic.

Their fans didn’t even congratulate them

Well, here I maybe was kinda wrong considering that with Bethesda aside Master Chief they have Doom Guy and Dragonborne.

You’ve lost me here. If anything, it’s Sony that doesn’t have a mascot at even close to the same level as MS. Sure they could use a few more, but I don’t think this is an area where they’re particularly lacking. Especially if you take into account Bethesda.

Not actually an assumption. Heck just this last Black Friday had deals with the Series S and 50 dollar gift cards. That effectively puts the price at 250 USD.

That’s because you only focus on the negatives like people behind this thread here, because if you paid any attention you’d see the amount of congratulations they got

2 Likes

Calm down dude, I really don’t understand your point? Are you denying Xbox isn’t really supporting well the platform outside NA/UK? Because, again, it’s not really debatable, it’s objective, Windows Central has even a recurring rubric about it.

1 Like

Well, as I mentioned earlier I was kinda wrong there because I forgot about Bethesda. But Sony is pushing Aloy hard and the scale of the marketing for Horizon is comparable to old Halo ways in Xbox 360.

We actually do have a bit of a measure for this. I believe early access had up to 5 million (might have been 4) people playing at one point. That’s people who paid money either to buy the ultimate edition of the game, or the ultimate add-on from Gamepass.

Oof, hard disagree here. Halo 3’s marketing was on an entirely different level than most things released.

it’s comparable to the old days of 3 months ago with Halo Infinite, even. that game was literally everywhere, maybe less in Europe because Sony has a longer history there but the marketing budget on Infinite was enormous

I was one of those who bought ultimate add-on as I could not wait :fire:

1 Like

Well, my perspective is skewed due to not living in USA/UK. I know that in USA Microsoft has much better marketing (though I think somebody said that it was not exactly true). However looking at what Sony did with Horizon, I am not sure if Halo had the same push during Halo Infinite launch.

I saw more Deathloop ads than HI ones here in EU, I mean it, comparing it with HFW would be stupid considering the status quo. That is the thing I don’t get about MS strategy, but people see it as “negativity”.

1 Like

It would actually interesting to compare Deathloop marketing with Redfall.

It’s more reality, they’re simply not as entrenched in Europe as Sony is/has been. I get wanting them to do better, but the reality is they are still building everything back up after nearly dying 5 years ago.

2 Likes

Being it from Bethesda and not directly under XGS banner could be its saving grace.

I get it, but after seeing them not really pushing the consoles, nor Halo, nor Forza…it’s not really inspiring for the future here. And it’s a huge miss because GP is actually gaining ground even through basic word of mouth. If a minor Sony timed exclusive game gets more screen time than your prime games it’s bad, objectively.

1 Like

Maybe. Still with Microsoft budgets Bethesda’s marketing could shine. Hope they will get a lot of money for that (but it is a really hope and not expectation).