Where does Xbox need to improve? | Let's be constructive about it

Well, I assumed that the thread would be about misery and complaints. Constructive criticism is fine, but we need a place for meltdown and misery too in order not to pollute other topics.

And I mean seriusly, nothing wrong with wanting Xbox to do the same things as Sony. I wanted a banner with Starfield in the mall! :joy:

UK/USA checkbox checked :rofl: They had some AoE marketing in USA and UK.

Weird goalpost move, but ok, I think New Zealand is distant enough from MS HQ

I’m home

3 Likes

It’s not a goalpost, it’s the usual US or larger anglosphere from MS marketing, I don’t think it’s even debatable.

1 Like

But that’s again more Youtube/Twitter oriented market. On Twitter Xbox is doing just fine.

Sony put a banner on a new generation of Lithuanian (or Latvian don’t remember) tram (made with soviet technologies)…Even grandmas will know that character…

Honestly, we’re not looking for meltdowns or misery over a hobby because you want it to sell things to you better. We try to not over moderate but those who continually feel the need to make sure threads are dominated by their anger at not being marketed to properly aren’t part of the board anymore.

3 Likes

The whole point of the topic is to direct everything here but not pollute other topics with that (like Community or Acquisition or Game Studios).

It depends on the tone, what is a thread like this looking to accomplish? Sony started in Japan, has a huge European presence. Xbox started in the US and while they dominate globally with certain products have never been focused marketing-wise the same way Sony has. PR has now moved under Phil, does that mean changes or more of the same? None of us can or do know, so having a “lets only be negative about things” thread is only a negative. There is nothing positive to come out of this even if it means “less negativity in other threads”. Negativity is fine if you’re looking to be constructive about it.

A wonderful aspiration for a problem that shouldn’t exist. This thread will not pull everything out of other discussions because there are things to be negative about that relate to them from time to time. Having one massively toxic thread is not going to change that.

Ok, let me know when that character gets 18 million players in barely 3 months

I think considering in the past it was better (I saw Xbox commercials during 360 gen and early X1 gen), it means the current leadership is accountable for that (the timings are too precise) and it’s also a big reason why Xbox struggles outside NA. I think also it’s cost sensitive and that’s why I don’t expect huge changes, they are good enough with the small steps strategy outside what they consider the core countries.

But it is unfair to compare to Game Pass access simply becuase those 18m will be the sales rather people trying the game in subscription service they already have. But I don’t doubt it will reach 18m in sales faster than Horizon Zero Dawn (it was around 20m right after a couple of years which is also a lot).

1 Like

It appears some of y’all still can’t know what criticism is. I’ll tell you what it isn’t though, it’s not dismissal. You can criticize things that are missing or aren’t done well, but don’t dismiss a lot of what’s been done or move the goalpists to dismiss them.

But bringing engagement number is not the valid argument. Rainbox Six Extraction got 5m, but it does not mean that if Horizon won’t get 5m during the same time frame, RS:E would be more successful (though Horizon might reach those numbers)

Denying this or feeling hurt about this statement, that is a fact. Means that there’s something wrong with you actually.

This chip shortage was a godsend for Xbox and Microsoft to have enough time to put their and in motion without Playstation overtaking this gen. This is a fact. It’s a bad thing in general but helped Microsoft ultimately.

There’s a TON of things Microsoft needs to address before being truly big in gaming.

5 Likes

It also accellerated the movement towards full digital and make more people interested in streaming too.

These type of “there is something wrong you with” statements are highly insulting. I already stated before I do not believe anything is a certainty in a scenario that didn’t and has yet to ever actually happen.

Ok, but FH5 is also available on measurably less devices, and isn’t golbally marketed like y’all complain about.

The outcome of sales in an industry where companies are spending upwards of $80 billions in acquisitions is as about undeniable as it gets.

I don’t expect Xbox to outsell Playstation, but there are things that could happen that would make it a possibility.

That speaks more about PG merits than Xbox marketing, IDK anymore what we are debating here. XD