What's more appealing, timed exclusive 3rd party content or day one Game Pass 3rd party content?

Game pass day one. If it’s a timed exclusive you still pay for it anyways. If it is game pass day one the developers have a 10 million+ audience that might try the game and buy it and they still keep the Playstation and Nintendo sales, so they are much more likely to make a profit on the game. Better option for the developer and Xbox/PC players in my opinion.

2 Likes

It’s probably important to state we are talking about our view as existing customers and fans of the Xbox. If you take a casual gamer and they see a trailer for a game they want and then say but I’ve not seen that in the PS store - no it’s Xbox exclusive…that does have some impact especially if you get enough desirable titles. Whereas I don’t believe gamepass has the same impact on people because the value proposition probably isn’t enough to drive a console sale. It should be of course, I just feel it probably isn’t in most cases. And of course it relies on people knowing what it is and understanding it’s value.

1 Like

Technically two, but I’ll allow it.

1 Like

:bosmanright:

I love day one Game Pass releases.

Timed exclusivity these days is just annoying.

1 Like

I can’t see beyond Gamepass! It’s the sole reason started playing my own games and bought a gaming laptop.

And to be honest - i love all subscription services. uPlay and EA Play as well.

I would never be able to justify 60-70 price tag ( GTA and cyberpunk are exceptions )

Peace✌️

I believe when Sony will try to cross that bridge - microsoft will be doing the same thing Sony is doing now.

Open up there wallet and pay more then what sony could.

Game Pass day 1 is the only real choice here. Its just become so convenient now.

Whatever MS partner with for exclusive games, they should always come to Game Pass I think.

I would much rather see Microsoft pay to get games day one on Game Pass especially if it’s a game I plan on buying physically day one because I then no longer have to. $10 rental baby!!!

Timed exclusive games and content is in my eyes a waste of money because the others will eventually get it all anyway. For me, Godfall is a one year timed console exclusive for PS5 but I will wait for the Xbox Series X version to come out because I know im going to get the better version and because they will have post-launch expansions, I could end up getting the complete version for $70 as opposed to the PS5 owners who buy only the base version for $70. Hehe. And of course, there will be the chance it goes into Game Pass day one especially if the game bombs or underperforms.