What you were doing at the moment when Activision Blizzard acquisition news dropped?

I imagine many people were like :

10 Likes

When Bethesda happened I woke up exactly at same minute as the announcement, took a look in my phone and a friend in a group said something like “seems that Microsoft is sliding the credit card for Bethesda”, tought it was a rumor and said to him that i’ve read one that was about Sony looking for it, then I opened up OtherEra to see what was about, THEN DAYUMM MOMENT I COMPLETELY WOKE UP SCREAMING AND SENDING SCREAMING AUDIOS TO MY FRIENDS.

When Activision happened I was editing something, luckily I never bring anything on the PC desk to eat or drink, had my coffee cooling down a bit on the kitchen, learned the same way as above and screamed at it and started rampaging through groups, don’t even know how I managed to be more calm on this one.

5 Likes

I was at work, just came back from the toilet to my desk and went on the computer. Checked Era and saw the thread and I just gasped, was so shocked but then again pretty much everyone one.

With the Zenimax acquisition I was on Instagram and saw right at the top the post from Xbox welcoming Bethesda and was so confused lol then I looked online and everyone was mentioning it.

2 Likes

Woke up ready to start work (work from home) my brother (who’s in finance and invest has stock in MS) sent me a Whatsapp and asked “is this a big deal” Literally had to re-read it like 5-6x because I thought I was reading The Onion

2 Likes

I woke up from a nap to Discord and Twitter blowing up my phone lol.

On a side-note, something funny I noticed is the day the acquisition was announced, I had a copy of Crash Team Racing delivered from eBay, and I also had a copy of Fallout 4 delivered from eBay the Day the Bethesda acquisition was announced. i wonder if I have some prophetic gift :thinking:

1 Like

I had just finished my most difficult exam of this semester. Went to the train station and just quickly saw a mock-up of Xbox and Activision. Thought it looked pretty nice but most tweets were like “what the…” and yeah…

1 Like

I woke up and was checking my Twitter feed. The first thing I saw was this:

The real shock came in when I saw it was a 70b deal. I needed to go to sleep, but couldn’t after this news lol.

4 Likes

Found out about it while checking other Era during breakfast and seeing a thread about MS owning crash and being confused about it. Then scrolling down to see they bought Activision, and found myself saying “GTFO” over and over for like a minute. Random Tuesday lol…

1 Like

I’ve been enjoying the heck out of Crash 4 on my Switch, so I was randomly searching for how much Crash 4 cost on Xbox since I’ve been really wanting to get an Xbox Series S to fully utilize my Game Pass subscription (I’m currently only playing via xCloud).

At that moment, I remember wishing Crash 4 would come to Game Pass 'cause that would be a dream come true – and also because Crash 4 on Xbox wasn’t really cheap standalone :stuck_out_tongue:

20 minutes later and I discover Banjo-Kazooie being added to Nintendo Switch Online, and thus I head to Famiboards (Nintendo forum by ex-Resetera users) to read the reactions.

Instead, I see the headline “Microsoft announces the acquisition of Activision-Blizzard” and it honestly took a couple of seconds to process what that headline was saying. And once it kicked in, I was totally out of it. I couldn’t believe what I was reading and I my mind just kept being in an “oh s**t” state for a minute.

Also, it later dawned on me that this means that Crash Bandicoot 4 might just be coming to Game Pass later on. That was honestly such an amazing feeling, like destiny led me down this path to let me know that Crash is indeed coming to Game Pass, just 20 minutes after me thinking about the odds of that happening. That was also surreal and felt like a gift :’)

But the deal isn’t closing until 2023, right? That was a slight bummer :sweat_smile: Although, patience is a virtue.

3 Likes