What you were doing at the moment when Activision Blizzard acquisition news dropped?

I understand this sentiment all too well.

The cubicle walls were useful that day.:joy:

4 Likes

I was driving in to work, got a text from someone about it that I read as soon as I arrived. Didn’t quite believe it at first. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was at work. I saw it on one of those news feed blurbs and was “no way, must be some clickbait or something” then I looked further and was literally like holy s*** AB - $70B. My next thought was damn the forums must be on fire right now, “gaming” sites are blocked at work so I couldn’t check. Eventually I was able to sneak a look from my phone (which I don’t normally use for internet).

3 Likes

This got a good chuckle out of me!

I was mid-presentation to one my larger clients, and my desktop went “badum” and I saw the XboxEra alert appear in my notification tray. I genuinely stopped speaking mid-sentence, prompting my client to ask…“Jon…are you still there?”

I wrapped that meeting up QUICK.

9 Likes

I was actually sleeping. Woke up to my friend texting me about it and I was like, holy fucking shit!!! Then I thought nice, im now getting Diablo IV day one on Game Pass. Woohoo!!! Everything else is simply a wait and see what all the studios end up doing.

2 Likes

I still it’s highly sus that you popped by TWICE in the acquistion thread to check up on us and tell us to be nice and see how were doing.

Twice… in the same month… as the acquisition

4 Likes

I was talking in a game chat about aquisitions :joy:

4 Likes

Failed my Jiu Jitsu test at morning, first time for me since 10th years at training, was very depressing day for me, couldn’t rest until nearly 1 hr before the news dropped, when I woke up and checked tweeter I saw gaming accounts sharing the news, didn’t click on any of them and opened XboxEra and saw like 600+ new notification on acquisition OT, then in my mind I was like “Opps! Xbox did it again”

4 Likes

i woke up saw a text from by friend shawn he told me they bought them i thought he was trolling me then i looked on xbox then bam it happened got on my laptop saved the article for later to read and react to for something later like holy fucking shit like think about it ya’ll 5 years ago we were at 5 studios then 5 years later we to 38 first party studios how mindboggling is that phil and the team has absolutely kicked ass its just monstrous man

3 Likes

I was in the middle of an all-day strategy session with my Sony owning boss. He used to work at Take 2 so we basically did no work for the rest of the day and just theorised about exclusivity

7 Likes

I was at home i opened twitter after nice sleep( i had exams that day i went to sleep straight after it haha) and the first tweet Popped in my time line is jason tweet about sources heard MS acquired ACTI, pretty much i was live with news hit

this was my reaction then i started clapping haha

200 (3)

4 Likes

This is how I found out:

8 Likes

Pure conjecture and speculation!

You ain’t got nothing on me man!

7 Likes

To be fair, I was either sleeping or working at the time, so someone had to wrangle cats :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

That also answers what I was doing when it was announced (sleeping passed my alarm specifically).

3 Likes

It was an early morning for me at Edge fitness. Woke up at 7:00am usually don’t check any social media. But I was on the treadmill when one of my Twitter notifications popped up from IGN and the header was Activision. I thought to myself “oh our friendly neighborhood dictator Bobby probably got indicted or some other terrible news came out”. I opened the Twitter thread and say MS buys Activision, what happened after almost killed me. My knees nearly caved out from the shock, I dropped the phone on the tread and flew off behind me, I hit the emergency stop button and took in the initial adrenaline while I composed myself. People around me where staring like I went into cardiac arrest lol. I just had to casually play it off and act like nothing had happened

6 Likes

Glad you’re okay

2 Likes

I had just got back home, I had not touched my phone for hours and went to the forum and immediately saw the thread. I was like “huh…no way” or more like “euh…ouais, qu’est-ce qui se passe ??” and clicked just to be sure as it was a very lenghty thread already. My eyes just went wide seeing the Xbox + Activision-Blizzard. And I’m still in shock right now. All those IPs that can be revived or simply put into GP, it’s insane.

3 Likes

I woke up and opened twitter, saw the “WHAT THE FUCK” from Klobrille and knew something was up… and kept scrolling to my disbelief

5 Likes

I had to do a quick check-up for my car, and then went to pick up parts for a new PC gaming setup I wanted to do for a long time. I came back and went to Twitter to check the news and saw Xbox, Activision, and Sony all trending. I wondered what happened, and immediately saw Xbox tweet. I was completely shocked and yelled so loud the neighbours came to see what was going on.

4 Likes

I was sitting at my desk working, doing my morning twitter browsing, and saw the Dina Bass tweet. Said to myself “wait….what!?” starts scrolling faster looking for more

Shortly after the official announcement went live.

4 Likes