What we (probably) know about Project Indus / "Oxide Unannounced", a rumored Xbox Global Publishing new IP

The cloud-streaming for early deverlopment solutions are different from xcloud which is a consumer facing solution.

Usually the development testing solution is parsec, and rainway. Maybe, Geforce Now is one of the alternatives to parsec.

Xbox is developing the deverloper facing version of xcloud too, according to Jez - when he was last on xboxera podcast. That will take the place of parsec/GeforceNow etc.

1 Like

I am almost expecting an AoM remaster followed by an AoM reboot. AoE4 will start to focus on civilizations. And I would expect Relic and World’sEdge to be busy with the next rts IP - AoM

Age of Mythology is one of a kind. Played too many hours.

I had seen the Ashes of Singularity demo in 2015/16, and it was impressive as a demo showcsae.

There is merit in the engine, and they might be an acquisition target just for the Nitrous engine too.

1 Like

That image is the background from the Oxide games page.

So… I’m going with Rise of Nations :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

this makes for a much better preview image than the badly cropped Xbox Global Publishing logo

ugh wasn’t ashes of the singularity a big game for testing CPUs because the amount of units on screen? I’m pretty sure it was used as a CPU benchmark for AMD CPUs for a while. Lisa Su (President and CEO of AMD) even follows the dev team on Twitter haha.

Imagine if they tapped into cloud with their game too, they could do some crazy shit. I’m gonna keep my eye out for this.

2 Likes

The number of objects that they showed in their early showcase demos was impressive.

Rise of the Nations is a good guess.

Hopefully that InXile Steampunk RPG is true there is literally zero AAA big budget Steampunk RPG so that would be something new. That would give Xbox every type of RPG imaginable.

We got Avowed, Fable & ES6 as Medieval fantasy RPG

Fallout 5 or New Vegas 2 for apocalyptic world RPG

Starfield & Outer Worlds 2 for Space RPG

Compulsion Games probably making a “We Happy Few” like style RPG

That just off the top of my head there is probably more being work on that we just don’t know about yet. All that is really missing is some JRPG like Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey style and Xbox would cover every type of RPG genre.

Compulsion is making a proper 3rd person action adventure, the community manager confirmed as such in a recent interview.

1 Like

It could have some rpg elements like WHF, which had also some survival elements. I think it’s safe to presume it’ll have some light rpg elements like almost any new action nowadays. We’ll see if Compulsion will retain the dystopian vibe of WHF, the noir vibe of Contrast or a completely different one. The 60s dystopian vibe was very cool, it was the first relatively big game to have it since No One Lives Forever and it was my main draw to Deathloop…lol.

Back to IT, if the Oxide project is really a new Rise of Nations also for console, I could cry of joy.

1 Like

yeah “lots of 3d models on screen at once” seems to be their big gimmick, wonder what they’ll be able to do with first-party money

Not a gimmick. AC Unity also had that challenge, though. Crowd scenes that slowed down the Xbox One/PS4 gen for rendering that scene.

But if the tech is revolutionary, why are they not an acq target, yet - should be a valid question.

If they are working with Microsoft for a “first party” game They are probably are one but would rather wait until the game comes out first to see.

2 Likes

It could enable some interesting scenarios, like a true World War Z game with countless hordes coming at you :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I hope that the 4x game has a more robust combat system.
I hate the civilization “combat” system.

Being the devs of a Supcom like game, I have high hopes for it.

I’m hoping they come out with more articles. There are a few more xgs/beth codenames in the mined file, and the dates are interesting too.

1 Like

Looking at their only game, it has a solid rts combat gameplay, with an incredible number of units on screen:

1 Like

Yeah their game takes inspiration from Supreme Commander, the best RTS ever created IMO.

Tha one was on 360, but AoE is “impossible”. XD

It’s always possible, they just need the right support and funding to do it.
Gladly MS is all about it.