What was your honest opinion of the Xbox games showcase?

8/10 because the Halo gameplay! was dope. (yeah visuals were not, but who cares. That can be fixed and polished. Bad gameplay cannot) 6/10 if you don’t care for Halo

Id give it an 8/10, the weird hellblade 2 update that didnt really give any new info was the big letdown of the show for me.

1 Like

I loved the reveals so much but they should’ve shown the true power of the console with at least one game. sorry but I have to say,halo was bad.
Xbox showcase for me was 7/10

It was a great gamepass show ( 8 / 10 ), but as a Series X show it was a 2 our of 10 ( And thats being generous )

So for me it hit at about 5 / 10 considering nothing was really shown

1 Like

I thought the show was good, 8/10 I liked the Halo gameplay it looked really fun, I’ll wait for the Ray Tracing update to play it but it looks like a great game gameplay wise.

I knew no matter what MS did the general tone on the internet would be negative, they literally can’t do anything without getting bashed. I would have preferred more gameplay from some of the reveals But with Fable and Avowed I’m all set for 1st party RPG greatness.

I do hope we see what the Initiative is working on and Inxile as well.

I cant lol can’t change polls after 5 minutes

Can you imagine if Xbox’s major launch title was an expansion of a game released in last couple of years? Imagine the internet drama over that. It would get destroyed. Sony do that and it’s the most exciting thing ever…that’s what I don’t understand.

I enjoyed it but I think it should’ve been better. The most disappointing thing is that we got 0 release dates. Not even release windows for most of the stuff there. If xbox studios weren’t ready Microsoft should’ve paid for exclusives like Ryse and dead rising on x1. I’m going to buy xsx and I’m not sure what exclusive games I’m gonna play in the first year of two, besides halo infinite and the medium. I’ll buy it anyway as I’m on one s and don’t want to endure anymore, but I would’ve liked to be more hyped for the first year software wise.

8/10 for me. If The Initiative’s game and inXile’s next game would have been there it would have been a 10/10. I’m not someone though who is the slightest bit bothered by just seeing CGI trailers, I don’t need to see the gameplay or amazing in game graphics to get hyped up. Seeing the types of games that I like is enough for me.

1 Like

See I think we start to see the issue, to do those sort of 2nd party deals Xbox would have had to negotiate them what, 3 years ago…at the latest, probably a bit earlier…in order to fund the development…so 2016 ish…a time when Xbox was arguably under threat internally and certainly not likely to be able to make big cash plays…

Essentially I’d argue Xbox was restricted from growing and spending at the exact worst time. When you needed to start making investments for the next gen Phil was having to re-pitch Xbox to MS leadership.

I thought MS learned from the Inside Xbox event that got slammed for not showing gameplay. Nope. They doubled down with no gameplay except for a Halo Infinite that looked like an average last gen game. What makes no sense is ExoMecha actually had gameplay that looked pretty cool but no one saw it because it got demoted to the pre show. Then bizarrely they show a gameplay trailer for Battletoads a week later which should’ve also been in the main event. I’m wondering what’s going on over there at MS. Aside from the lack of gameplay alone, you can’t keep saying most powerful console if you’re not going to show us something that looks next gen.

1 Like

5 mins?

U mean like 2hours lol.

I already gave my opinion on Twitter so I share it here again

Means: MS overhyped again. Almost always the same pattern.

1 Like

For me personally, I would rate the Xbox Games Showcase the same as the PlayStation 5 Showcase - a great 8.0/10. Neither showcase or anything for next gen has been a “wow, holy shit, that’s next gen” moment. Just hasn’t happened yet and I don’t see it happening until 2022 to be perfectly honest.

I added 10 games to my official next gen list which were Halo Infinite, Fable, Hellblade 2, Avowed, State of Decay 3, Everwild, Crossfire X (campaign), The Gunk, The Medium and Stalker 2.

I enjoyed what I saw from Halo Infinite and thought it looked great to be honest. In fact, im all in as the gunplay, shooting mechanics and overall gameplay looks superb and the game will be at 60FPS so yeah, im good. Just hoping for a good or better story and characters and I don’t see myself having any major issues. I don’t like the sound of it being a “ten year game”. Even if that’s what they want to do, they shouldn’t say that. Instead, they should have just said it’s a game for the long term but not put the amount of years attached to it. As long as they add single player story driven expansions, I’ll play it beyond launch but if it’s all MP, then that’s just not for me so it will be all about the base game and that’s it.

The Gunk looked cool and while my interest is 50/50, it does help that it’s on Game Pass because it’s not a game im going to buy whatsoever. The Medium looked good but the 4 minute developer walkthrough looked much better and showed more. I’m definitely playing it via Game Pass as again, im not going to buy it and if im into it, I will complete it. If not, I will uninstall it and move on. Stalker 2 vibe looks good and I do love Metro series so I’ll definitely give it a shot via Game Pass. Hoping it’s good because I love the vibe and atmosphere of it based on the trailer.

Everwild art style looks amazing but I don’t think they should have shown it at all yet. Early production and they don’t even know what the game is. Not exactly the best idea. Can turn out amazing or end up being a disaster. Only time will tell. I’m all in for Hellblade 2 since I did like and enjoy the first game but was hoping for a short gameplay trailer. Great, the game is set in Iceland. Blog post could have told us that. State of Decay was a good game back in 2013, I quit State of Decay 2 after 15 hours and have interest in State of Decay 3 if it ends up looking like that trailer which to be perfectly honest, it fucking it because if not, why show that? I’ll say it straight out - it must look better than Days Gone and play way better than the previous two games in the franchise and be as close to 100% bug/glitch free as possible because if not, the series is done for me.

Loved the Fable trailer especially at the end when you see the castle but was disappointed that no gameplay or an in-engine trailer was shown. At least show 30 seconds of the character walking through the world or something. But I have confidence in Playground so until proven otherwise, im not concerned. Avowed looked cool from the snippet we got and im more than willing to give the game a chance when it eventually releases. Obsidian has my interest though.

Crossfire X campaign was the standout for me after Halo Infinite. It looks fucking great, action packed and it’s from Remedy who I like. I know this isn’t in Game Pass which is fine as long as it doesn’t go past $20 for the campaign only.

The AA/Indie filler was fine. Great for those who are interested in those games. I’m simply not and could care less. Not into Forza Motorsport but it seems like it’s years away since Spencer said it’s early in development. Like, how early? Considering it was in-engine and not actual gameplay, I would say very early.

Destiny 2 expansion looked amazing and all future expansions being free on Game Pass is fucking huge. I’m not into the series but for those who are, that’s a massive announcement.

Biggest complaints were minimal to no gameplay outside of Halo Infinite and the filler in the middle of the show. Basically the same complaints with the Sony showcase. But I go based on how many games I added to my game list, how many were console exclusive and if they showed me what their future looks like which they did.

Overall, great showcase for me. Between the Xbox Games Showcase, the PlayStation 5 Games Showcase and the May Xbox Showcase, I added 22 games overall. 18 for Xbox Series X (my primary gaming console for next gen) and 4 for PlayStation 5 (secondary exclusives only).

At this point, I wish it was November already. Hehehehe.

1 Like

Rated it an 8/10. I thought it was a fairly solid showing personally. A bit above the PS5 show since I am more into Xbox’s line up. Was disappointed with the lack of HellBlade 2 showing. I think Covid screwed them up big time, had it not been a thing they were gearing up for a big E3.

I loved what I saw with Halo Infinite, of course when I got online I saw that everyone was clowning it. For me Halo is more about the gameplay than anything else. Halo 3 wasn’t exactly a looker and I put hundreds of hrs into it!

You’re probably right, but I, as a customer, shouldn’t care for that, nor do I care. They should’ve planned better. If that was the case, why not delay Tell me why and have it as a launch game? Wasteland 3 also, flight simulator, battletoads, etc. Yes, I understand their primary focus is gamepass, but there’s no gamepass without a console. Out of 10+ millions of gamepass customers, I bet it’s 80% on console. So if you don’t grow your console, you don’t grow gamepass, as simple as that. I remember Mr Spencer saying that he doesn’t think we need launch day stacked with games like for Xbox one, rather it should be spread out, but currently we neither have launch day nor the first year full of first party games. He also said whoever gets to the first 19 millions probably wins the gen, and how exactly do they play to get asap to those 10 millions?

I agree to some extent. Not about winning generation stuff, MS aren’t doing that nor need to. But as on other threads I’m arguing they need to convert their Xbox one owners to series x for same reasons you’ve outlined. At least some…

It wasn’t so much disagreeing but more just that I think the circumstances have impacted Xbox - to the point I don’t think Spencer could have really fixed it. He found a way to make Xbox central to MS and get investment but it probably wasn’t soon enough to be in an ideal position to launch a new console…I’m sure they planned as well as humanly possible, but I guess they probably were a year or two behind games wise…

@Yearsoflurking what is that whack ass scale you use? The IGN one?

8/10 is average? Fucking lol

2 Likes

Only Halo big gameplay section which was good but graphically disappointing…should be the visual killer app.

The announcements were good but no gameplay. Please stop with CG trailers its annoying. At least if the gameplay is not ready, show in engine trailers to set the tone and show where the game is heading towards…

Yeah, that’s great, and there’s a bright future for Xbox and services, but is like something substantial for the first year. Anyway, I’m sure we’re still going to enjoy it, more than xbox one.