What third-party AAA games do you believe/want to launch on Game Pass Day One?

Madden 22, Esports Boxing, Back 4 Blood

1 Like

My pipe dream would be FF7 not only coming to Xbox but also Gamepass

Nah, as gamepass gains more subs, it will become more common.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

How the hell do I respond to this thread without bringing down the thunder on myself

2 Likes

Create a new user with the name PretendVerifiedFakeInsider and post some hot takes :rofl:

3 Likes

your ‘likes’ in this thread say enough :eyes:

or am i reading to much into them?

1 Like

This, is my experience in the EU. There is no ingrained Bias and “Sonyland” just rings as daft as “sheeple”. If Sony is popular it is because Sony has more often, historically made more effort here to market.

Typically, here it feels that MS just repeat what marketing is successful in the US to the EU without investing as much in the region. Personally I find there is too much marketing around gaming as “hardcore”, Doritos, Mountain Dew Monster energy and the like. It’s off putting and always feels “Americanised”.

The reception that Sony has in the EU has been, by and large earned, it is to their credit, they worked hard to do so. Recent weeks and months, however are eroding that. MS are doing well, from my perspective to benefit from that, but they can do more, and they can start taking the individual locales more seriously to start and gain their own positive mindshare, it is not something that can happen overnight.

2 Likes

I have cracked your meagre code, such as it was. Clearly hidden in the first letters of your reply

Here The Harsh Direct Information Right To The Thread. We Begin, Deciding To Tell Of MONSTER HUNTER WORLD 2 day one.

3 Likes

Agree with this. Sony has definately earned the popularity they have enjoyed.

MS are making a lot of good moves, staying in the discussion and on the surface they are pulling mindshare away from Sony.

However, an area they need to prove themselves, that Sony has unequivocally dominated is 1st party exclusive games.

MS has the money and now the talent to match this but they have a way to go until they are in the position Sony are in whereby you almost can guarantee that any big first party release will be excellent.

1 Like

@Shpeshal_Nick Are you still of the opinion that FF7 remake will not appear on Xbox?

I know you have mentioned this a couple of times, just wondering if the recent apparent improvement of the relationship between MS and SE has swayed your opinion?

Gamepass is and will become the major push for other markets. Germany for instance is a pc/Nintendo land and xbox games doing big numbers already. AoE4 has to be a hardcore pc game first. It’s important to broaden the appeal in the PC market.

Let’s not forget every time a xbox game starts the more the consumer see the xbox logo. => brand recognition

2 Likes

Indeed, and frankly though people are pleased to scoff at “Sad Dad” games (which is just a bit cringey TBH) one cannot deny the popularity of Sony’s first party efforts.
The customer clearly enjoys such games, they sell well, they are on the whole “pretty” and concentrate on narrative. We can either belittle those types by pointing the finger of mockery or we can appreciate that there is clearly a market for them, and that by dint of being the only one supplying that market with regularity Sony have naturally earned their dominance. In the same way customers are expected to invest in the Xbox ecosystem, Microsoft need to invest in more diversity and more localised, serious marketing.

Thankfully I think they have started to see this in recent years, but as you say Pete, they have work left to do.

1 Like

Every game has a market if it’s good and well marked. I think the gaming landscape needs “sad dads” (I hate this phrase lol) games and service games like Sea of Thieves :skull:

Appreciate the vast diversity in gaming

2 Likes

Yep, its so cringey TBH to try belittle games that are clearly well made, and clearly popular with a market. The diversity on Xbox is seemingly only increasing, and lowering the buy in price is only helping further. As I have said before people have talking about “war chests” for nigh on decades, and “wait and see” but only now in the last 18 months are actions being seen so clearly, good stuff.

Agreed RE Germany too, and what I mean by taking the time to understand the different markets more, its great to see. Fight harder for us in the EU Xbox! Its fantastic.

3 Likes

Yes, I agree 100%. Last year I played The Last of Us: Part II and Ghost of Tsushima, both on launch. I enjoyed both games, they were the last games I bought for my PS4. Now I don’t have a PS4 (gave it away) or a PS5, and am on a completely different phase in terms of my personal gaming experience. I am now all in on Game Pass and Series X, and don’t consider PS5 to be a good personal investment for me until they release a Slim version, but that doesn’t diminish how much I enjoyed both of of those 2 “sad dad games”, particularly Last of Us (minus some story details and pacing).

1 Like

Not really no.

Is it impossible? No. I just maintain that it’s unlikely.

But sorry to sound like I’m hedging my bets, but who knows what can happen. I was originally told Street Fighter 6 would be multiplat, same person has now told me that’s probably changed.

2 Likes

I believe that these games sold well because of the ps4 success and not the other way around. The ps4 was dominating before a single big Sony game was even on the horizon, When the ps3 was struggling games like Uncharted were also struggling while MS exclusives were dominating sales charts.

The much bigger success of , old, MS games on steam compared to old Sony games on steam shows that Sony games are not the be all, end all in gaming.

Everything upcoming that I would like to play :slight_smile:

In no particular order, to name a few:

• RE 8
  • Elden Ring
  • BF6
  • FF7R (:stuck_out_tongue: )
  • KOF 15
  • Scarlet Nexus
  • Tales of Arise
  • Back 4 Blood
  • Tunic
  • Harry Potter
  • Scorn
  • The Ascent
  • Dying Light 2
  • Vampire Masquerade 2
  • Dragon Age 4
  • Mass Effect Next
2 Likes

These two are confirmed to be coming Day One to Game Pass, so you are in luck!

2 Likes