What pricing and marketing strategy will Sony choose?

I expect a digital foundry video sometimes this or next week

1 Like

Yeah, Aaron Greenberg in the RDX podcast comments pretty much confirmed that’s happening “when the time is right” so I figure that means they’re waiting for Sony to make a move this week or next and then dropping that embargo.

It will be incredibly narrow and thats if Sony can stay ahead. MS will go all in for the English speaking market and I still think they understand it more then Sony

I think it will be 90 million PS5, 80 million xbox ss/sx.

People have to consider its 7years of series S, that console is going to be insanely low priced.

Imagine

2023: xss - $249 2024 - $199. 2026 - $149

When it reaches $199 its basically impulse buy terrority, it will be competing with google cast, fire tv, apple tv etc. Imagine how tiny the box will get when moving to 5nm + 3nm. PS5 will likely never get to these impulse buy kind of prices.

I think it will be very close.

Xbox one sold well in the UK + US with a weaker console, always online, no used games, tv tv tv, kinect, $100 more expensive.

Imagine what they can do with the most powerful console at the same price as the competition, the best value and cheapest console, gamepass, the best BC, 15 game studios and more.

Gamers have not made some kind of blood pact with sony or Microsoft, gamers are fickle history has shown us this, gamers react positively to great products and services. Sony are also offering the goods with there games and there hardware is good, but once people learn sonys games still require up front payment xbox looks very compelling especially when there games are in full swing.