What news will MS drop this week to dilute the Spartacus reveal news cycle?

Yeah, I think honestly if you want a “clap back” moment (and I dont see them needing to anyway), but if you do… xbox coming in and essentially saying “Right, this is even more easy for everybody. You’ve got Gamepass or Gamepass Ultimate. We are ditching GWG and making MP free for all” would be the mic drop of the generation.

Can Sony do it? Yes, they could. But they would take a huge hit (as would MS) and they are more reliant on that cash flow than MS is.

I still think it’s coming. GWG has been utter tripe for the longest time with no sign of getting better, and everybody knows killing the online sub would be massive.

1 Like

You mean the same Spartacus that was destroyed by Roman Empire in the end?

2 Likes

When we even have Jason of all people saying that the Spartacus announcement will likely disappoint a few I don’t think we’re in for a big surprise.

2 Likes

I find it highly unlikely that Microsoft would do anything to counter Spartacus or any other announcement from a competitor. I just don’t think huge businesses like Microsoft operate like that, most everything is carefully measured and planned.

3 Likes

As much as I want them to kill Gold, doing it in response to what just happened would be a massive overreaction to say the least.

2 Likes

For those who dont venture out into new threads, the Project Spartacus details are in the following discussion:

1 Like

A Gamepass commercial with Day and Date lunch games stamped all over the place is enough for now :wink:

4 Likes

I think they’re fine.

3 Likes

Oh come on, you know that’s only like 2 people in the acquisitions thread…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I don’t think they need to drop any after today.

1 Like

Oh yeah, Microsoft quaking in their boots after this showstopping PS Plus announcement. :rofl:

3 Likes

After this announcement, I believe they should answer with an annual plan.

Would be nice, but between annual plans and rewards I think rewards is still the better deal for us (if you dedicate around 10min a day to it it’s essentially free)

2 Likes

I wonder if XboxUK Twitter is still “savage” like two years ago. I remember how they poke fun at Smart Delivery just works swiftly after PS users had trouble. I can imagine they would do the same with Game Pass April lineup announcement.

Spartacus landed with a thud and Zelda’s delayed. I mean, if you have an ace up your sleeves, now’s the time to play it.

6 Likes

Time to unveil the fourth shade of green for Halo Infinite skins as a Game Pass perk

10 Likes

well judging by the reactuon to the news, the best way for MS to counter this would be a sudden price hike :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

How about another influencer only controller/console combo! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

looks like Nintendo did it for them with the BOTW 2 delay lmao

5 Likes

lmfaooooooo