What is your favorite Nintendo console?

Nintendo has a real long history in the gaming history - the longest at this point, actually.

Through this entire history, Nintendo has released seven home consoles. And while there is an argument to be made that Nintendo’s true heritage as far as gaming hardware goes is more on the portable machine side rather than the stationary home console side, it’s the home console side I want to focus on for now.

So - there are seven Nintendo home consoles:

1. Nintendo Entertainment System
  2. Super Nintendo Entertainment System
  3. Nintendo 64
  4. Nintendo GameCube
  5. Wii
  6. Wii U
  7. Nintendo Switch

Of these, which one is your favorite? Why? What would you rank as your favorite game(s) on your favorite Nintendo console?

• NES
  • SNES
  • N64
  • GameCube
  • Wii
  • Wii U
  • Switch

0 voters

1 Like

Wii.

As my first Nintendo console, 10 years old me wasnt prepared to experience the magic of nintendo IPs and the creativity of the wii motion.

What a fantastic console that was!

Super Nintendo. My #3 all time gaming console. Since Nintendo 64, they simply haven’t been for me and were surpassed a long time ago.

1 Like

GameCube. Unsurpassed games library

1 Like

SNES pretty handily

Yup. I didn’t even bother buying a Game Cube. Got caught by the Wii Sports hype but that didn’t last. Wii U was a bit of a joke, and the portability of Switch doesn’t do much for me.

NES because I’m old.

1 Like

I owned every Nintendo console excluding Wii U. Wii was by far the worst. Only played two games, owned it for maybe a month and sold it on ebay taking a loss just cause I wanted it gone. lol

N64/Gamecube weren’t horrible but compared to Saturn/PlayStation and Dreamcast/PS2, they were average at best. Switch is the best Nintendo console since SNES but it’s not the early 1990’s anymore and Nintendo’s two gens behind in tech doesn’t do much for me. Played a few Switch games within two years and it was gone. Doesn’t look like it’s ever coming back either.

1 Like

AHH this is an impossible poll.

• N64 was my childhood.

• Wii brought my family into my favourite hobby, including my late nan. I never forget my Nan playing bowling and throwing the slowest strikes in the world :rofl:.

• The Switch got my kids into console gaming and probably is the most played console in our household.

1 Like

SNES, no real contest. Loved and still love so many games on that system. After GameCube my interest in Nintendo games waned a lot, I had a Wii but mostly played Virtual Console games on it and never even owned a Wii U or Switch.

1 Like

nes was my first, but snes was a game changer. also a sega genesis kid. nintendo killed it though. shit also a tg16 kid too. i loved that thing. snes still wins

N64 first then Gamecube since the n64 had perfect dark, mario 64, pokemon stadium, and a couple i forgot

Gamecube

Metroid Prime is an absolute masterpiece and in my top 3 games of all time

N64. My rankings are

1.n64. 2.SNES 3.gamecube 4.switch(as a console not as a handheld) 5.wii u 6. NES(wasnt around at the time. Games are heavily outdated and not for me. 7. Wii. The worst nintendo console ive ever owned. Terrible.

NES and any other answer is blasphemy.

Maybe if youre over 40 years old. Games are unplayable on it. At least snes games still hold up. I respect what nes was. But im never going to call it the best nintendo system

1 Like

I still remember playing Mario for the first time. I was 5 years old it was magic :laughing:

SNES, Nintendo lost me with the N64. I bought into the hype, but games became few and far between and too expensive. Haven’t had another console since.

Yeah I remember $80+ games, lol. Kinda crazy how we’re now trying to pay $70 in 2022.

I believe this is when Nintendo games stopped dropping in price, SNES games weren’t cheap at the end of its life, but you could still find plenty on sale. Now that I think about it, I think a couple kids from my school “lost” copies of Chrono Trigger from Blockbuster because it was cheaper to pay the replacement cost than to buy it new apparently.