• Fallout 3
  • Fallout New Vegas
  • Fallout 4
  • Fallout 76
0 voters
2 Likes

I’m sure we can all agree on this one :valle:

3 Likes

Outside of a few hours of Fallout 4 last generation, I have never truly played a Fallout game so this poll should definitely be interesting to see the outcome. I would think that New Vegas wins as it’s said to be the overall best game in the series but we’ll see.

My favorite is Fallout 3.

My favorite world/map is Fallout 76.

2 Likes

As someone who only played 3, 4 and NV I will ignore every other game from your ranking lol.

I think gameplay wise FO4 is the best. You can make so many cool builds.

Looking at roleplaying I would say NV is the best. Each faction is great especially joining House. Even the dlcs are good including Dead Money.

FO3 has the best atmosphere, but some problems with level scaling.

So NV > FO4 > FO3

3 Likes

The truth is they’re all so different that it’s more “what genre do you prefer” or “what focus matters more, gameplay or story” in the end. But these types of articles get insane hits so why not

1 Like

That’s true. And ranking stuff is always fun. You guys should definitely do more rankings.

1 Like

Fallout 76, the rest pale in comparison

I have not played Fallout: Brotherhood of steel so I won’t comment on that one… But this is my ranking for the others:

1. Fallout New Vegas.

2. Fallout 2

3. Fallout 3

4. Fallout 4

5. Fallout 76

6. Fallout

7. Fallout Tactics

New Vegas has something special (Obsidian) with great quests, factions and setting. Fallout 2 was the first one I played and where I fell in love with the world of Fallout, I played that game so many times hah. Fallout 3, with the expansions, is great. Fallout 4 has a lot of good things, like the base building and side stories, but also some annoying ones like the lack of meaningful choices, a so-so main story and Preston. Fallout 76 was sheit at first, but I’ve recently jumped into it again and they have transformed it into something else. It’s really good! The first Fallout game never clicked as much with me, probably because I played it after 2, which was not a good idea. Still a decent game. Tactics was… well not super hot.

2 Likes

Great thread Jesse! I have to explain that, while New Vegas is my favorite as most know, I genuinely love the rest probably equally.

Having said that, 3 is my least favorite (I still love it for what it is) because it’s the least Fallout of all the games. I’m not just talking about the complete lack of agency in how the game ends, or most of its results, but the clear lack of Fallout factions, proper modding and crafting… hell, I always find it hilarious when people say Fallout 4 is the worst or that it doesn’t have many RPG elements when in reality 3 pails in comparison on all those points, compared to 4.

I forgot we included BoS in there… that’s the most unFallout Fallout game and the worst (I purposely pretend it doesn’t exist) and if anyone picks that as their favorite, we might need to book you an appointment to get your head checked :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

What’s wrong with you?

(jk)

1 Like

Yeah, these are damn fine games most of them. I rate 3 higher than 4 simply because whilst it shares the lack of rpg elements with 4, it has fewer things that annoy me. The settlement system in 4 is great, but it’s just too much in the end, it got tedious and took over. I was also disappointed with the Nuka World expansion, especially after the great Far Harbor. The setting of Nuka World was cool but it felt very constrained and the “endgame” was a huge wtf. Now I’m supposed to ruin everything I’ve built up in the main game? Eh, no. I still haven’t finished that…

1 Like

Completely understandable, and I think there are plenty of valid criticisms of 4 (yours being a prime example), but “it’s not an RPG because my character speaks” isn’t it. Fun fact: a couple years back on this forum I proved how little of a choice-impacted RPG actually was in 3 compared to 4, it surprised people even then (take a look at the singular ending or test some of the conversations and you’ll find your impact almost non existent).

Having said all that, I definitely think you’re 100% on the mark in terms of the DLC; Far Harbor was fantastic but every expansion in 3 was stellar and varied (The Pitt, Mothership, Point Lookout, and even Anchorage knocked it out of the park). There’s a reason I say I still love 3 :wink:

1 Like

I don’t know about best, but 4 is my favorite of the one’s I’ve played( 3, NV, 4 and 76).

2 Likes

Yeah, there’s some weird criticism out there… lol.

Both Fallout 3 and New Vegas has a great set of dlc. I think that helps push both high for me.

1 Like

That era really did scream from an expansion standpoint (I just beat all the GRA challenges if you recall, and that was the only weak dlc among them).

I know some probably expect me to say 76, which I love beyond measure, but I still think for a proper single-player experience NV, 4, or 3 are better places to start. 76 has turned out to be an absolute treasure trove for lore though, on top of one of the best maps the series has ever had.

I played Fallout 4 for a few hours years ago but it was after I played games like The Witcher 3, HZD and AC Origins and nope, it wasn’t up to par for me plus it looked like an old, outdated and obsolete 90’s PC game. Just wasn’t for me Mort. But for you and those who like/love the game/franchise, I hope you continue to do so. :slight_smile:

Yep, lots of great expansions back in the day.

I’m so into 76 right now haha. I was going to jump back into 4 with the current-gen update but I’ll postpone that, I’m having too much fun in Appalachia. I’m also invested in the main story (-ies) now so there’s no turning back.

1 Like

4 Likes

Just wait til you get to the Steel Reign storyline with the Brotherhood :grin:

Any time you want a buddy or need supplies, you know who to call :heart:

1 Like