Well, my gaming plans are different than most people as Disc based games that I purchase take priority over Digital game purchases and Xbox Game Pass because I want to trade them in and get back as much credit as I can. If im buying a game digitally (AC Valhalla/Cyberpunk), im in no hurry to play them because they’re not going anywhere despite Valhalla being the #1 game I want to play for launch.
My gaming schedule starting November 10th -
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War (disc)
While this game releases on Friday November 13th, I will most likely be working during the week and won’t be able to play anything until the weekend anyway so this will be the game that I play first on Xbox Series X. Expecting a 10-12 hour campaign for me. One that I will enjoy but once finished, I move on to the next game.
- Marvel’s The Avengers (disc)
I have gone back and forth on if I should buy Avengers on disc or digitally because of the free content roadmap but everything I see, hear and read turns me off except for the actual story campaign so I will play through that and then move on to the third game.
- Marvel’s Spider Man: Miles Morales (disc)
Obviously, this is PlayStation 5 but will be third unless I don’t get a PlayStation 5 for launch. Expecting around a 20 hour game including side content. Expecting it to be an easy 9/10 for me. If I don’t end up with PlayStation 5 for launch and decide to wait until the spring before buying it, the fourth game automatically moves up to number three.
- Watch Dogs Legion (disc)
This will be a pretty big game. Not sure how much I will complete in this game with the story campaign being the only guarantee. All depends on how good the side content is. I love the locale and look of the game. Getting a John Wick character has me hyped. Plus, Permadeath is optional which is great because that was a huge turn off for me.
The remaining games listed below are all yet to be determined in regards to the order that I will be playing them. A few don’t have official release dates yet so im waiting on that which should be clearer by November.
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla ($100, digital/gold edition)
- Bright Memory (price TBD, I will most likely include this with Infinite instead of it being separated)
- Crossfire X campaign (price TBD, waiting on an official release date)
- Cyberpunk 2077 ($60, digital/base game, waiting on expansion pass details)
- Gears Tactics (game pass)
- Immortals Fenyx Rising ($100, digital/gold edition)
- Ori and the Will of the Wisps (game pass)
- Outriders (price TBD, waiting on an official release date and post launch details)
- The Ascent (price TBD, I know we’ve seen 2021 in that ID@Xbox article but waiting on official confirmation)
The above are my gaming plans for Xbox Series X (excluding Miles Morales of course) and does not include the six main Halo entries, Wasteland 3 or The Outer Worlds which I will play via Game Pass/BC. As everyone can see, I probably have the most games that I want to play at launch than anyone else excluding past gen/backlogged titles that I just mentioned.
2021 wise, the only game that I will be buying that has an official release date is Far Cry 6 which im hoping gets delayed to late March as I will need the extra time to catch up. LMAO.