What do you want in State of Decay 3?

I wanna know what state it actually is and why the players can’t just leave it for a state where it’s not decaying

/s

1 Like

:doge:

I hope it runs on Unreal 5

1 Like

Yeah too and hoping it is graphically ambotious with no bugs and excellent animations, face details etc that is what was lacking in this game. The polish. They said they want it to be a AAA then do it.

The gameplay mechanics and systems were really great except the coop tethering Oof and the visual package was really not up to the standards unfortunately.

Also they need to fix the vehicle controls, they’ve gotten a little better but I’d love to have more realistic vehicle physics

Character animation should be on par with Days gone. Graphics could improve (not expecting anything close to the trailer)

A story driven game won’t hurt anyone i guess.

1 Like

Yep would love to see some intrigues and clans like Walking Dead

I just think they should avoid randomly generated characters. Meeting people at random times in the world is cool and all, but the impact of losing such a person isn’t as big as a real written character. You can still maintain the open nature of this game but have good written unique characters. I think that would make a big difference. Other than that would be a cool climactic scripted ending. I like the management aspects and overall gameplay loop of the game but the end of a map felt underwhelming. Technically there is a lot to improve of course.

1 Like

Yes exactly randomly generate people can die from a cliff or eaten alive I wouldn’t care

1 Like

The fanbase of the series might not want it, but I want this game to have cinematic elements with a story mode. it would be cool if they were to mix story elements with it’s current core gameplay.

Just give me a AAA version of the current game honestly. More base building stuff and more upgrades/improvements to gear/armour/buildings. I wouldn’t mind a deep story too that would be nice. Keep co-op and maybe make a big seperate MP mode.

I love this game thoroughly. I could use a few upgrades with the next title:

• Bigger worlds.
  • deeper base building mechanics. I think someone else mentioned this but, Id like to create a community of homes for survivors.
  • City scapes I dig the visual of SoD2 but I wouldnt mind an upgrade.
  • Some story elements but not for a cinematic experience. Just to make the experience a bit more cohesive and give a bit more purpose than just survival among the dead.
  • Add cemetery’s in the game that are challenging AF but give big rewards for those of us who muster up the courage. Like, this is a game about zombies for crying out loud! Gimme a damn cemetery!

Other than that…

Better tenor (3)

This game will be real proof if the promise of being under XGS will make a true AAA experience. I want to believe that can happen, but Microsoft has not had one since Ryse.

You don’t think Halo 5, Gears 4+5, the Forza games, Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive are AAA?

Forza Horizon is the only one to get 90+ on Metacritic but it isn’t a cinematic, narrative driven open world game. That’s what I’m talking about. SoD 3, Fable would fit that bill IF XGS could deliver. I want 95/100 Metacritic games to throw it in the face of the Sony fanboys.

Lol. Ok fair enough, although Hellblade 2 would fit more your criteria I feel.

I absolutely love this team. The amount of content and updates they give us for just playing the game is astounding! That said, I personally agree with a lot of what has been already said. A more fleshed out story would be ace, maybe even as a stand alone title within the SoD world like “what happened to Marcus from SoD1?”. Also would love a more fleshed out map like a real city or just a larger town. Battles with Red Talon or the military over dumb crap story beats.

Either way, I’m in on SoD3 minute one!