What do you want from a new Killer Instinct?

Maybe its because I have no nostalgia for the arcade games but i’d take the 2013 designs anyday

The top image just looks cartoony, I dont want that from KI, if anything id want to go further in the opposite direction, like MKX did from MK9

1 Like

Mortal Kombat always aimed for realism, it actually used digitised actors for sprites in the original games.

KI was a cartoon game, not cartoony is terms of ‘cute’ or ‘child like’ – it looked badass – but it had a stylised look and feel that was unique in the FG space. RARE used high end CGI models to create their sprites at that time and it was their unique style.

I’m not suggesting it look exactly like the original CGI, you would expect an upgrade in the fidelity and detail to match modern tech. But the 2013 game for all it did right in gameplay and design had a generic and uninspiring art style.

I thought the style of 2013 was a nice middle ground between Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter.

1 Like

But KI isn’t Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter. It had its own style that no one else had, and it should reclaim that identity.

To capture the magic off ki2013 and expand upon it :slight_smile:

Also arbiter to return, genuinely an excellent guest character who fit right into the game and was very very fun to play.

1 Like

I actually really like most of the redesigns gor KI 2013… i think they did a good job with the idea of… lets remake 90s characters with modern ideas… riptor eyedol fulgore and spinal came out looking 100% better than they had any right to be based on this artistic design choice.

(Though im not opposed to changing the style. I just think a new ki has a lot of high and bars to pole vault over)

I mean outside of more characters and more flashy detailed graphics how could it get better? maybe a mortal kombat like single player story? The core gamplay was perfect for a fighting game as far as im concerned

1 Like

Side note… if an internal studio is doing the new ki… I would not be suprised if its a division of zenimax online… since if I recall correctly they hired some people from amazon studios (ie double helix)

1 Like

I loved the last KI game, and I just want a healthy stream of content throughout the gen. Pretty much I want a healthy live service game

2 Likes

I’m not a fighting game person so I really only want two things:

• Available on Game Pass
  • Tons of easy achievements like the last one, so I can get my MS Rewards points :smiling_imp:

I don’t believe MS would ever give KI a proper budget and schedule so in my eyes all I hope is for the game to match the previous one in terms of quality.