What do you think is the gamepass surprise Phil talk about?

Cyberpunk 2077 day 1 on Game Pass :upside_down_face:

EA Access for Game Pass Ultimate

phill in poland rigth now

6 Likes

Joking aside, it would be huge for Xbox.

3 Likes

That would be the moment I finally build a shrine in Phil’s name, with a giant photo of him holding a picture of Kiryu and Majima.

If it’s EA…

ohgodno.gif

Bethesda has had a strong relationship with MS and a lot of their games have been on GP. Wouldn’t be an XSX launch megaton but getting Doom Eternal by the end of the year would still be fairly big.

1 Like

I was thinking something along the lines of SEGA like a lot of other people in this thread. Perhaps after the huge success of Persona 4 Golden on PC, they might want to bring it to Xbox as well? Or if it’s not that, then maybe Capcom? It would be nice to have Resident Evil 2 and 3 on Game Pass.

1 Like

What makes me doubtful about Bethesda is that two of their games this year are releasing as timed exclusive on PS5 (Deathloop and Ghostwire Tokyo). Yeah, they are relatively small fry compared to Bethesda’s other huge games, but since they are making these deals with Sony, I don’t think it’s them.

I’m going to say Ubisoft. (plus im hoping it’s Ubisoft, hehe)

Reasons being they have a lot of upcoming games for next generation so like them or not, Game Pass would be adding a shit ton of AAA titles over the next several years. Microsoft has the marketing rights to Assassin’s Creed Valhalla and Watch Dogs Legion. If they end up with the marketing rights to Far Cry 6, it’s a perfect deal. UPlay+ is not on consoles and as far as I know, not coming to next gen consoles.

I don’t see it being EA (which would disappoint me greatly), Activision (except for COD, they have like nothing), Square Enix (way too friendly with Sony), Bethesda (would have said Bethesda but Sony bailing out Ghostwire Tokyo and Deathloop eliminates them), Sega (like Activision, what do they have besides Yakuza which is already set for Game Pass? Sega owns Atlus but I don’t have any interest in Persona and who knows how long it will take them to release the next game in the main series) or Capcom (been friendly with Sony and I just don’t see it but I do believe they are more likely than the majority I have just listed).

Did I miss anybody? LOL.

I was hoping for Sega but after the Shinobi temper our expectations stuff, I’m thinking it’ll be a smaller partnership. Sega would be amazing to me…especially if it included their PC games as well. Have a feeling it’ll be a smaller dev. Any of them would be a good addition though. Even small devs like Devolver put out consistently awesome shit.

I would say that even the smallest partnership is already a great thing, since it could lead to something even bigger if it proves to be successful for everybody involved ( which I’m sure it will ). Great things always start from something small.

Boring would be a deal with EA or Sega, a big bold move would be some kinda deal with Steam!

All Sega game day 1 on gamepass, including Atlus, Persona on gamepass day 1. Please don’t be EA access.

2 Likes

I say paradox or devolver digital. Starting with Shadow Warrior 3.

I’m not sure if getting too cozy with CDPR would be the wisest move. Yes, of course, Cyberpunk 2077 is one of the - if not THE - biggest upcoming game within the next 6 to 9 months (depending on when Halo Infinite actually releases), but CDPR brings some dirty laundry Microsoft might not want to deal with. Way too many homo- and transphobic comments in the past from CDPR to wave them off as “brainfarts” or “slip-up’s”. CDPR got under fire for this more than once in the last couple of years.

But that’s probably just me not wanting CDPR to get a pass for shit like this and get money thrown at themselves by MS or anyone else. Business-wise it actually would be a great move to get Cyberpunk 2077 on Game Pass before Christmas.

Although most likely it won’t be, I hope it’s Sega.

For Cyberpunk 2077, methinks this may be required

Cyberpunk on Game Pass makes not much sense. They want to sell consoles in the first few days. So to bundle the game with the new hardware is a better deal. Both for Microsoft and CDPR.

Cyberpunk on Game Pass would hurt Xbox One sales, because those who do not upgrade to Series X or S would also get it for free.

That’s my take.

But that will also be just their Black Friday and Christmas deal. Launch units will sell out no matter what.

Hi

I think Cyberpunk 2077 Day 1 on Gamepass on the most powerful console would make a pretty awesome surprise!

By the way, has MS the marketing rights on this one or is it Sony?

Because a Serie X Cyberpunk bundle should move a few units

You have a good point, maybe they could do day 1 in game pass and also include it in the box? that would be a bit weird for those who have game pass though and pick up the new console. But then you could argue they want Game Pass subscribers probably more so including it in Game Pass would increase the subs most likely.

Microsoft has it.