What do you think is the gamepass surprise Phil talk about?

Ok, wasn’t sure, thx for ur answer

Bundling EA Access into XGPU, and maybe Day 1 support with THQ Nordic?

I think it could be Uplay+ coming to Xbox, I doubt it would eat into gamepass sales much.

I keep hoping for some Game Pass exclusive Sega deal, as their output has generally been fantastic over the past few years (which is a relief considering their output was a bit spotty for a few years prior). THQ, especially after the 4A Games acquisition, could be huge too though and I’m really excited to see which publisher we’re going to be welcoming to the Game Pass family.

I think Sega might be a good addition.

Yeah, the general public isn’t aware of this sort of thing, nor do they really care. I’m nerdy enough to post on XboxEra, and even I don’t really care.

Money talks above all else for these companies, and CDPR games are gonna sell like hot cakes from here on out. Witcher 3 was too huge to be ignored, and CP2077 hype has been on par with something that of a Zelda release as a result. There’s no stopping this train. This all depends on whether or not MS and CDPR could come to agreements monetarily and MS sees the ROI on securing the title in additional system sale/GP subscription profits. They’d likely have to offer a lot though, so I don’t see it happening.

We’ll probably get Fall Guys or something lol.

One thought I did have back when there were rumors that MS would buy EA that I didn’t really see anywhere is that EA would be massive for Games Pass. It would give them a bunch of studios to add to their lineup they undoubtedly would give more freedom to than EA does, plus it would give them Madden and Fifa every year on GP, and to a lesser extent NBA Live. Plus just all the other games they would easily have 4-5 games per year with the potential for more to add to GP from major franchises. But obviously the massive price tag and logistical problems with acquiring a company that size would be a major turn off.

So some sort of deal with EA to expand EA Access into GP makes sense.

If the rumours about it being a publisher are true, then my bet is with smaller ones. THQ Nordic, Anapurna, Private Division, etc.

2 Likes

Yes. Any of the big pubs, you might as well forget it as there’s no need to.

THQ Nordic classed as small? Don’t they have like a whopping 35 studios now? :stuck_out_tongue:

Or we on about how their output is usually aa quality games? :slight_smile:

Yeah sorry, by small I meant “smaller”.

1 Like

I see EA access is now EA Play. Getting ready for that Gamepass tie up.

Wouldn’t that just get really messy? You would lose all reason to ever subscribe to ea access, I can’t see it happening myself.

EA Play on Xbox becomes the same service as Origin Premier, then basic EA access merges into gamepass.

That could happen.

Annapurna is the hill i will die on as far as entering an agreement with a publisher goes. Just look at their 2020/21 release slate alone, imagine if that was all on Game Pass day one…

2 Likes

Nothing god dam triple A!!

Which is a shame!!!

Maybe they could offer a second tier where you pay an extra $4.99 a month or something to get access to EA Play or whatever, but you’re right it would just get messy unless MS just gives EA a bunch of money to put their stuff on Games Pass

EA play on Gamepass would be huge and good for both companies. With xcloud, games like Fifa, that make a lot of money with microtransitions, Will have a lot of New players in smartphones to buy their in-game products

1 Like

Annapurna would be amazing. But are any of their games already PS5 timed exclusive? I was under the impression at least that Stray and Pathless were timed exclusive but I may be wrong.

Artful escape and 12 minutes are already heading for game pass so never know. (looking very forward to both)

But would they be considered a strong addition for game pass?

Then again, maybe some of us are expecting way to much from the words “strong addition to game pass”