What are your predictions for Xbox 2021?

January

Some decent games on Game Pass.

February

The Medium releases after another delay. Some decent games on Game Pass.

March

Some decent games on Game Pass.

April

A weird marketing campaign about what some influencers thinks about in the shower. Some decent games on Game Pass.

May

A new controller color. Some decent games on Game Pass.

June

E3 is cancelled again, so an Inside Xbox with a cool segment on the worlds biggest inflatable Xbox is replacing it (super-cool!). A new game launcing in 2027 is revealed with a cgi teaser. Some decent games on Game Pass.

July

Summer mega-sale. Some decent games on Game Pass.

August

Flight Simulator is released on console. VR is a hit on PC, so everyone plays it there. Some decent games on Game Pass.

September

A weird marketing campaign featuring cats daydreaming is pushed hard. Some decent games on Game Pass.

October

Marketing for Halo Infinite begins in co-operation with some obscure rap artists and sandwiches. Some decent games on Game Pass.

November

Halo Infinite release! Gets a 79 on MC due to Master Chief not being sad all the time and the gameplay is too much fun. Some decent games on Game Pass.

December

We get a teaser of Compulsions next game, a 2028 title at TGA. Some decent games on Game Pass.

1 Like

Feeling better?

1 Like

:wink:

2 Likes

Hahaha I like your commentary:)

1 Like

At least some decent games on game pass👀

4 Likes

Lol love your mocking of the bias sony media

January:

Nothing just some more Game Pass games.

February:

Zenimax goes through all good expect a big announcement of them welcoming all the new teams (no games announced just yet) more Game Pass games. MS announces Xbox Game Pass has 20m+ subscribers.

March:

Inside Xbox event showing brand new 3rd party smaller sized games along with teasers for Halo, Starfield and Forza Horizon 5 with it leaning towards come back when E3 is on. More Game Pass games. Xcloud launches in more countries and testing for iOS starts.

April:

Another nothing month, Just more Game Pass games.

May:

First big update to the dashboard/UI/more features enters Insiders program for launch in June. More Game Pass games come out.

June:

E3 is on! Halo Infinite gameplay is shown, Forza Horizon 5 gameplay is shown, Starfield gameplay is shown. New IP AAA game shown for the first time 2022 title. We’ll hear from Undead Labs, Ninja Theory, Rare, Bethesda, Machine Games and ZeniMax online. MS will announce they have acquired at least 2 brand new studios. MS will announce Game Pass Premium which will give you brand new Xbox Hardware on a X yearly basis, includes GP:U. MS to announce Game Pass channels like Luna is doing with Uplay+ coming first holiday 2021. MS will tease a VR headset in the smallest way possible (which would be announced fully in 2022) MS also announces a bunch of brande new Game Pass games with a shocking AAA day 1 launch game from third party (Battlefield 6)

July:

Updates on GAAS games like Grounded and SoT, more Game Pass games announced.

August:

More Game Pass games another boring month

September:

Starfield releases to really good reception get’s a lot of 9’s from review sites and becomes one of Xbox’s highest rated games. Huge marketing cycle and everything, wins the month of September. More Game Pass games.

October:

Forza Horizon 5 comes out set in Japan, biggest Horizon game ever with the most amount of cars in a Horizon game, deep car customization IE NFS and an actual story mode. Gets rated REALLY good and becomes the new highest played game on Game Pass and best reviewed game stealing it from Starfield. More Game Pass games.

November:

HALO is here launches November 12th and becomes the biggest game in Xbox history breaking all records for Xbox, the game scores 92 on MC and is highly rated as the best game in 2021. The story is considered the best in the series and so is the MP. 343i will have improved the graphics massively and would be night and day better. This starts the momentum for Xbox going forward and this game along with Forza Horizon and Starfield turn around the ship and now Xbox is looked at seriously again.

Decemeber:

Halo and Starfield get nominated at the Game Awards for GOTY, Ninja Theory will come back with Hellblade 2 gameplay and we’ll get another big Game Pass announcement. Xcloud announcement that it will launch on all platforms everywhere + new platforms in early 2022.

bit more on the excited side, mainly because it gets a bit grading not being excited about stuff haha but I really do think most of this could happen.

3 Likes

Approximatively the same list for me. Really strong 2021 line up. If it’s that we’re eating really good. Hope all the games will come out of the gate highly polished and top quality.

High hopes for Halo Infinite. It could be the real banger of 2021 for me with Starfield.

3 Likes

I think 343i is capable it seems they are being really ambitious with infinite and based on what we have heard and know it seems like they want to make infinite something special and im here for that

6 Likes

I’ve been critical about them this summer concerning the visuals but didn’t have any concerns about the gameplay or game design at all. What they showed mechanically was solid. Metroidvania. Missions etc totally loved it. I just don’t want the game being dragged down by anything even a single thing. I just want Halo back in full force.

They just need to polish it to the max and bring us a visual spectacle, it’s all I need. I want to be wowed by the next gen graphics goodness. :blush:

The recent blog post with the pics reassured me a lot they’re really on the right direction. Really great update. Plus what happened to CP2077 should give them a great wake up call to right the ship the best they can with Staten back on board. 1 year of polish will do big wonders to the game I bet.

I really genuinely think they can deliver.

5 Likes

Yea I bet staten kicked their butts into gear

5 Likes

I know a lot of people are expecting/hoping for Starfield in late 2021 but I truly don’t see it. I believe that once 343 Industries confirmed that Halo Infinite is a Fall/Holiday 2021 title and Bonnie Ross mentioned the 20th Anniversary that any chance of Starfield went out the window. Plus, with Covid-19 and now, a new stronger strain, I don’t see the vast majority of developers working in a studio any time soon so in my head, I automatically add at least 6 months of more development time so if you think Starfield was Fall 2021, I would say now that Spring 2022 is more likely.

I also believe that Bethesda Game Studios can easily use more time to polish their games. This isn’t a decade ago with Skyrim, I don’t see them getting a pass anymore. Give them those extra six months and not only that but I don’t really see the point or purpose of having Halo Infinite/Starfield compete with each other in such a small time frame between both games. I believe this would do more harm than good.

That would also make me think that Halo Infinite despite and extra year plus of development time that it can’t stand on it’s own in it’s own space which is what it needs. It needs it 's own space and room to breathe and get back to what it once was.

1 Like

Shawn Layden would be cool, but I think they will make Pete Hines the same position as Matt.

2 Likes

That’s what I’m thinking too. Booty handles XGS, Hines handles Bethesda, the Zenimax board is disbanded, buck stops at Phil unless Satya/Amy need to get involved.

3 Likes

I agree Starfield needs extra polish, however, I could also see it being a 2020 game pushed to 2021. Remember that this year was supposed to be Deathloop and Ghostwire for Bethesda and last year Doom Eternal.

Given how much Phil talks about it and the on and off development since 2015, I could see it coming.

As to your point about Halo, if they space the game’s out it will serve them well. Sony released GoT and TLOU Part II within a month of each other, Xbox did Rise of the Tomb Raider and Halo 5 in the same way. I think the bigger spacing issue will be Halo and Wolfenstein.

1 Like

But Starfield was expected for this year. Assuming that is right the game might not be that far off competition wise and releasing it in Fall would be a business decision. One Ms might not need to make because with Gamepass it makes more sense to spread the big games across the year than grouping them in the last few months.

If I were to guess, starfield, forza horizon 5 and halo Infinite for the 2nd half of the year. Flight Simulator, Wolfestein 3 and whatever GP is cooking for the 1st half.

1 Like

What is it with you people thinking Starfield and Halo Infinite cant come out in the same window? Those games are fundamentally different from each other.

4 Likes

Not only that but someone has already pointed out that in 2015 Microsoft released Forza 5, Halo 5, Rise of the Tomb Raider and Fallout 4 (a game they had a marketing deal and console bundles with) in a 2 month space.

Here we would be talking about only two games at the end of 2021: Halo Infinite on November 15 (pretty much confirmed by Bonnie Ross) and Starfield in September, October or December.

“Is Xbox oversaturating the games market? Concerning reports of more releases from Xbox Game Studios next year”

3 Likes

“Does Xbox need to reduce its game output for the good of the industry?”

-Kotaku and Polygon in 2023

6 Likes